Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways discontinuing service to ICT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
US Airways discontinuing service to ICT

For any of you who fly to ICT (there can't be that many), US is discontinuing service because the ICT-PHX route didn't make them enough money. (This was one of the top stories on the news tonight.)
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
One of the top stories in Wichita or Phoenix?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by aforred
For any of you who fly to ICT (there can't be that many), US is discontinuing service because the ICT-PHX route didn't make them enough money. (This was one of the top stories on the news tonight.)
Did they say when? It still shows in schedules as normal service through August 2010 (as well as available for purchase on their website).
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:58 pm

US ICT service ending

It's sad day for ICT. ICT has been in service from PHX for a long time. It was one of 1st orginal destinations when America West was in its infancy stage. I also remember they has LAS service but that has been discountinued for a while now. I imagine US will market ICT as a codeshare operated through Star Alliance partner United (and CO) via DEN, ORD, HOU (CO).
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yes unfortunately, they didn't do it very well for short time out PHX-ICT in between 3 or 4 years. Hopefully in the future if US will be reinstates back on PHX-ICT or LAS-ICT will have to be more improved the factor. Do you know how many load factor doing out PHX-ICT lately?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Allegiant Air has announced new service between Williams Gateway and Witchita.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
Allegiant Air has announced new service between Williams Gateway and Witchita.
Thanks for the info. I don't ever fly US, but looked on expedia this morning to see what it would cost to book flights to come down for spring training when my kids are on spring break. I was surprised to see the direct flight option gone.

I was wanting to stay one additional day, instead of just Monday-Friday, but it may be worth the savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.