Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award itinerary shows coach/ should be business

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:12 am
Original Poster

award itinerary shows coach/ should be business

I just got off a grueling 45 min call to book an award itinerary from LAS-BKK in C class. After booked I checked my itinerary and all the flights say coach, except a UA LAS-SFO which says first. (I didn't book yet , it's on hold). Has anybody seen this before?, because I did this before and never booked the flight, but while it was on hold all my flights also said coach but when I called, the agent said no, they're in business.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
If it's Star Alliance partners, that's normal. You can call 'em to verify but it should be fine.

HTSC
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Yup. It's a glitch. Some agents aware of this will mention it after confirming your booking. Surprised your domestic UA segment shows first. Perhaps it's only international segments on partners then. Whether UA, LH, TK, NZ or OZ has been in my award and I'm traveling F or C it's always shown on US website as coach.

If you call the partners for seat assignments, you'll also verify for yourself that way.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
If you call the partners for seat assignments, you'll also verify for yourself that way.
And, once you do that, in the case of most partners those seat assignments will show up on the US itinerary within a few days. It will still show 'coach' in the itinerary, but you'll be able to see the actual seat numbers in the seat list.

As a tip, checking this every once in a while is a good way to keep tabs on your seats and equipment on the international flights. I've recently had a couple seat assignments either get changed or disappear and when I checked into it further, there had been an equipment change by the operating international carrier and I had either lost seats altogether, or they were moved to poor locations (scattered around the cabin in one case) on the new aircraft.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
(I didn't see if any of the previous posters said this, but) go to checkmytrip.com. That will show the correct class.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by bitburgr
(I didn't see if any of the previous posters said this, but) go to checkmytrip.com. That will show the correct class.
Not every itinerary or airline will show up there. In fact, none of my *A awards have.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Not every itinerary or airline will show up there. In fact, none of my *A awards have.
Your right, I shouldn't have implied that all itineraries would show there. But my last flight...US miles for an LH trip...did indeed show up.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
This has been an issue with US' web site for quite some time.

Make sure you get the *A partner's confirmation number ... then look up your itinerary on that airline's web site ... it should show business.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
This has been an issue with US' web site for quite some time.

Make sure you get the *A partner's confirmation number ... then look up your itinerary on that airline's web site ... it should show business.

Thanks for all the replies, i'll check that out about the A partner #. I'll be doing the final booking today or tommorow.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:38 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
coorect class shows up on the new us air

I have had several trips show as coach and have always called *A partners to confirm seats.

Recent trip to Asia on a J award on LH and UA - I tried the new usairways.com beta and was surprised to find the correct class, although the printout was 4 pages long, instead of 1 page.

Also, when I booked to AKL via UA, I could see my whole trip including the ANZ portion on UA website, but when I booked the trip on LH/BD and UA at the end, all I could see on UA was the BD and UA segments at the end!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.