Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would a LH Bus Earn US Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Would a LH Bus Earn US Miles?

So I need to get to Strasbourg, France (SXB) in the near future. While I'll probably go to CDG then take the TGV from Paris Gare de l'Est like most normal humans, looking up Star Alliance options, LH wants to route me PHL-FRA on one of the daily flights on the route, wait for a while in FRA, then take a bus from FRA to Strasbourg Boulevard de Metz bus station.

The chances of me actually going for the LH + bus option rival the likelihood of me winning the lottery this month and retiring early, but this does bring up the obligatory Flyertalk question of whether it would be possible to earn US miles on this bus, as it carries a flight number. Back maybe eight years ago I did not succeed in earning a UA segment for a train carrying both a SK and UA flight number from CPH to Malmo, Sweden as part of a EWR-CPH routing on SK, so I assume not, but I had to ask. Any thoughts? I've always found the practice of assigning flight numbers to buses and trains to be amusing to begin with, even if that's the only way an airline GDS can work with them.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
As the bus earns zero miles with Lufthansa's M&M, I would assume the same for Divident Miles also...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:53 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Or, you can fly to FRA and take the train from the station there to Strasbourg. About 2 hours travel time without leaving the airport. www.bahn.de Or, you can rent a car and drive the 100 odd miles, which is an easy drive; a straight shot down A5.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:20 pm

fra is the best

Have been phl - strasbourg many times.

Fra is very straightforward change and much less hassle and time than going via Paris, new TGV is great though.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Thanks for that, I've driven it before from Koblenz, Germany, which was easy, though I had other reasons to be in western Germany and thus didn't consider CDG.

Client's telling me how great the new TGV line is on Paris - Strasbourg which is why I'll probably go for that unless I can find time to go sample the Rieslings in Rheinland-Pfalz along the way. However, PHL-FRA does generate a few more miles than PHL-CDG ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.