Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fastbreak to Preferred Status - Free Silver Trial from Budget

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 9:23 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
You will be able to use your silver benefits (elite checkin line, upgrades, etc) on flights you have already booked. However, only flights you book after register will count towards your status.
Just wanted to clear up some misinformation. We did the Try Preferred program earlier in the year, which had the same T&C's. Flights booked before registration DO count toward status; however, you need to call USAirways and have them pull up your previously booked reservation so said reservation can now reflect your new status. Apparently the computer doesn't automatically update previously booked reservations with status.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Beckles
That is a standard condition of the Trial Preferred program it seems, nothing specific to this offer.
So, would this option only offer the silver qualification, or can one also bump one's self up to Plat after signing up for the Budget promo, if we take the same number of flights as the TPP program quoted above/in this post?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELBABE
Just wanted to clear up some misinformation. We did the Try Preferred program earlier in the year, which had the same T&C's. Flights booked before registration DO count toward status; however, you need to call USAirways and have them pull up your previously booked reservation so said reservation can now reflect your new status. Apparently the computer doesn't automatically update previously booked reservations with status.
Thanks.
I have 3 trips booked already for August and September; and will be 4 segments short of hitting the silver, which I can easily attain in couple of trips in Oct/Nov.
25% bonus miles on these already booked trips will be good as well.

Last edited by milomaniac; Aug 8, 2009 at 4:47 pm Reason: correcting
Old Aug 8, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hawaiian Air Fold, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by TRAVELBABE
Flights booked before registration DO count toward status; however, you need to call USAirways and have them pull up your previously booked reservation so said reservation can now reflect your new status. Apparently the computer doesn't automatically update previously booked reservations with status.
The CSR had no idea how to add status to the existing reservation. She could see it was effective as status but could not add it or change it so that it appeared on tomorrow's flight boarding pass nor on Wednesday's return.

A bit of an update from my HNL-PHX first time return last nite rather than my normal HA 36 return. I won't be changing from HA anytime soon unless like this trip I need to get back early.

No real problems as the plane left on time and arrived on time, but USAir even in the legacy Am West AO is simply Greyhound in the sky. Of course most airlines are getting very buslike and airports are the new bus stations.

Perry
Old Aug 8, 2009, 6:21 pm

Question

I imagine this is pretty obvious, but just to be clear: if I sign up for the Fastbreak offer and fly 10 US segments in 90 days, I'm Gold only through Feb 2010, right? I'd have to fly another 20 * alliance segments before Feb if I want to maintain status?
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pkincy
The CSR had no idea how to add status to the existing reservation. She could see it was effective as status but could not add it or change it so that it appeared on tomorrow's flight boarding pass nor on Wednesday's return.
Does that mean that pre-booked (before registering for budget promo) flight miles and segments will not be counted as qualifying for the 7500 miles/10 segments?

I was counting on those pre-booked flights on which I am traveling later this month to count towards 7500 miles/10 segments.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:49 pm

Can I apply my Silver status to get upgrades and still get miles on UA? And if so, should I do this at check in or should I call?

Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Now this posted on SlickDeals. 9500 views in the past day or so...and it hasn't really caught on over there yet.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Doesn't this make silver preferred status basically worthless?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris4096

Checking 2 bags pp free is worthwhile to golfers.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:03 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
It's never been terribly "worthy"... but the benefits do have some value, regardless of how easily obtained they are.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:04 am

Well I just mean in terms of elite benefits, you are never going to get upgraded if others can get silver status by just signing up for it. I guess I was referring to people who earned status by actually flying the miles.

Not that US Silver is really "worth" much anyway.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Well I just mean in terms of elite benefits, you are never going to get upgraded if others can get silver status by just signing up for it. I guess I was referring to people who earned status by actually flying the miles.

Not that US Silver is really "worth" much anyway.
People who have actually flown to get status will have priority for uprades though. Miles count.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
People who have actually flown to get status will have priority for uprades though. Miles count.
Out of curiousity, do you know how they break the ties? Obviously first factor is status level, then what? EQM Miles from this year, miles from last year, lifetime EQM miles?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by pkincy

A bit of an update from my HNL-PHX first time return last nite rather than my normal HA 36 return. I won't be changing from HA anytime soon unless like this trip I need to get back early.

No real problems as the plane left on time and arrived on time, but USAir even in the legacy Am West AO is simply Greyhound in the sky. Of course most airlines are getting very buslike and airports are the new bus stations.

Perry
I don't know why you would think service on a US 757 would even be close to an HA 767.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.