Wiki Posts
Search

Via/MC 10k EQM mystery - any new info?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2009, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum
Via/MC 10k EQM mystery - any new info?

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of the question of whether those of us who failed to spend $25k before the conversion from BA to Barclays will get our 10k EQM when we hit $25k total between the two cards?

I was at about $22k on the Visa, and have since gone over $25k total with the new MC. Not sure who to call to ask - Barclays or US Airways.

Any new info on the topic would be welcome.

Hope you all don't mind me starting a new thread - I wanted to sharpen the focus.

Thanks-
Eric
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: US CP, UA 1P, MR Plt
I called Barclays this week and they were able to tell me the total amount that I had spend with BofA over the past six months and confirmed that when I hit 25k between the previous BofA spend and the new Barclays spend, that the 10k EQM would be posted to my account.

I am just like you in my spend for the year. If what they said is true, the miles should post next statement.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Excellent news, and an uncharacteristically coherent answer from Barclays. Thanks for the information.

Eric
Old Jul 4, 2009, 9:03 pm

Programs: CP dividend miles mostly
I'm wondering the same thing but becasue of a different angle, I already hit 25K miles and got 10K preferred on my US airways Mastercard from Barclays ( april) , now they converted my Usair visa but I was already at 25K for conversion but it is now Barclays whcih means Barcaly will ahve to convert another 10K is that right? ( have not seen it yet) will they do that or sya no you already hit 10K with us
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:47 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by jssaab
I'm wondering the same thing but becasue of a different angle, I already hit 25K miles and got 10K preferred on my US airways Mastercard from Barclays ( april) , now they converted my Usair visa but I was already at 25K for conversion but it is now Barclays whcih means Barcaly will ahve to convert another 10K is that right? ( have not seen it yet) will they do that or sya no you already hit 10K with us
If you log in to Barclays MC account,
you can see the spend from the visa for the past 6-8 months.

Barclays "bought" these accounts last year,
but BofA was servicing these accounts for them until now.

So unfortunately, all your spend in 2009 will count as being in one account although with 2 card numbers, as it did for me
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I received my 10,000 EQM this morning for spending split across the old Visa and new MC.

I did not, however, receive my 10,000 bonus miles for using the card for the first time. Now sure when those will arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.