Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Out...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by safetymom
Can't we all try to turn around this forum?
I think that turning around the forum will be directly proportional to Tempe turning around the airline. I am hoping for both!

There was a time when we were "all in it together" every time US management (East or West) made a customer-unfriendly change. Now we seem to be pitted against each other in an "us-vs.-them" war, not unlike US's union groups.

I don't think that anybody should be lambasted or forced to defend themselves if US is their first choice. US may fall short in many respects, but it really does work for alot of people -- including my parents (CP & GP). And just because I have moved on to a carrier which better suits my preferences, it doesn't mean that I'm not still interested in US.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Originally Posted by SS255
I don't think that anybody should be lambasted or forced to defend themselves if US is their first choice. US may fall short in many respects, but it really does work for alot of people -- including my parents (CP & GP). And just because I have moved on to a carrier which better suits my preferences, it doesn't mean that I'm not still interested in US.

^^
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:25 pm
Suspended

As a VietNam vet who remembers feces thrown in ones face, I love our new respect to soldiers. I always give my seat up in first when a soldier comes by in uniform. I always invite one into the club with me.

Note Rotten's name describes him.

Keep the faith man, you are 100 percent our hero
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:29 pm

Well said ^^ One of the BEST post I have ever read ^^
Old Jul 5, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Kudos to the OP for this message.
Having my twin bro serve twice in Iraq and for a family member that fell during the first Gulf war, I say thank you for your service.

I did post a somewhat pro military message in your thread so I must apologize myself if I fueled a negative response that followed it. I, too, hope you will stick around as I enjoy reading all types of viewpoints of a carrier I once loved and only flew. Unfortunately, it was time to move on.

As far as turning this forum around, safetymom, it is going to take a miracle. What I have noticed is that just like the employees, the frequent customers of USAirways of ole had just as much pride in the airline they flew. It really sucked that this new management team came in and beat the crap out of this pride. When your pride is bruised, you try and get back on the horse and ride it again. When your pride was beat down and stomped on like most of the members on this forum were, the end result is a vault of negativity that will likely not turn around unless the variable on the other side (in this case, Tempe) makes a change. For me, I won't step on another US plane until Dougie and Scott are gone and a culture change is made from the top dogs down to the employees and filtered to the customers. Delta did it, why can't US?

Living in the southeast, it's a US fortress but I throw convenience out the window based on my principles.....If it means adding an extra hour or two layover to avoid US to prove a point, i'll do it.
To the OP, godspeed in your travels but I do hope you will stick around
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
The above post sums up the employee side.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:27 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Advice from a non-American

Stop the self flagellation.

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."

-Winston Churchill
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by USFreak
Kudos to the OP for this message.
Having my twin bro serve twice in Iraq and for a family member that fell during the first Gulf war, I say thank you for your service.

I did post a somewhat pro military message in your thread so I must apologize myself if I fueled a negative response that followed it. I, too, hope you will stick around as I enjoy reading all types of viewpoints of a carrier I once loved and only flew. Unfortunately, it was time to move on.

As far as turning this forum around, safetymom, it is going to take a miracle. What I have noticed is that just like the employees, the frequent customers of USAirways of ole had just as much pride in the airline they flew. It really sucked that this new management team came in and beat the crap out of this pride. When your pride is bruised, you try and get back on the horse and ride it again. When your pride was beat down and stomped on like most of the members on this forum were, the end result is a vault of negativity that will likely not turn around unless the variable on the other side (in this case, Tempe) makes a change. For me, I won't step on another US plane until Dougie and Scott are gone and a culture change is made from the top dogs down to the employees and filtered to the customers. Delta did it, why can't US?

Living in the southeast, it's a US fortress but I throw convenience out the window based on my principles.....If it means adding an extra hour or two layover to avoid US to prove a point, i'll do it.
To the OP, godspeed in your travels but I do hope you will stick around
I truly understand your feelings. I still would like to see people helping those that continue to fly US.

If you have moved on and are happy with your new airline I am happy for you. My point is we don't need to have a battle everytime someone mentions they are flying US.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by safetymom
I truly understand your feelings. I still would like to see people helping those that continue to fly US.

If you have moved on and are happy with your new airline I am happy for you. My point is we don't need to have a battle everytime someone mentions they are flying US.
I understand this as well Safetymom...

I agree with the "battle" comment...and I think I would like to see conversations, when comparing and discussing continue. There have been a number of conversations that simply vanish...not sure how or why...or how even.

At the end of the day, it is what it is....and the free market is going to fix this situation, one way or another...that's a fact we can all be guaranteed of.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Asicguy,

I hope that you can divine my context here when I say that you are being self-indulgent if you think that a post saying that you're leaving this group does anything positive for yourself or for those of us who believe in the idea of free speech and free expression and the validity of the effort that our men & women in the military make on behalf of our nation.

Your thoughts/context are perfectly clear to me and everyone. Whether folks want to agree with you or not is immaterial as it comes down to whether you are or are not a member of the military family because it is those military folks/families who truely know what all of this means despite what any "pundit" or "expert" or even the politcians say. We've a son in the Air Force who recently completes AF BMT and trains in the Security Forces & is due to graduate in a month. Today's Air Force is not the "chair force" of the past. These guys and gals are going to be deployed into places like Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere because our NATO "allies" don't like it that the bad guy shoots at them. As an American citizen, I'm OK with all of this as this is what we Americans are all about. I'm not saying that my voice is louder than those who dissent, but I do suggest that a family learns to respect the patriarch despite it's faults or blemishes because this is what family ( or in this case, American citizenship ) is all about.

To those folks who "support our troops but not our president" I can only say KMA as citizenship is an obligation/duty whose rights derive from service to country and acknowledgment of the institutions and offices which transcend individuality. So you've done your duty to our country and I can't believe that you're gonna back down from the families and young men and women who step forward in the ultimate act of citizenship today.

Reconsider this decison to back away from those who profess to possess greater knowledge/wisdom than those guys and gals who step forward and their families who endure the sleepless nights of worry while also taking pride in their kin.

Kudos to the US FC who attempts to acknowlege this act of citizenship via a meager UG. Shame on those who can't let go of straw man arguments to admit that our youth has stepped forward to take a risk on behalf of ideals which transcend self-esteem and political correctness.

As to how one's politics or beliefs seep into these virtual messages posted on these virtual forums. We put up with a lot of crap from a lot of people here. so what is wrong with a little dissenting citizenship from time to time?

Thanks for your service to our nation Asicguy -- no more no less.

Barry

For those of you that are interested, I have some BMT graduation photos of the families and the men and women who step forward in service of our nation in my photo galleries under "BMT Graduation"
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Cool

You're out? How about Don't Ask Don't tell?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.