Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding events after US 1549

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman
Question regarding events after US 1549

Hey all, I'm doing a presentation for school on how US handled the events surrounding flight 1549. My thought is that they didn’t cancel any other flights and that they quickly got back to flying that same route. Have any of you run across anything that would support that? Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: None
As far as I know, the LGA-CLT route was flown the rest of that day as scheduled (with "as scheduled" being a nonspecific term when the NYC airports and their delays are involved). I believe the same flight (albeit with a different flight number) was operated the next day.

Perhaps someone else remembers differently.

Jim
Old Jun 21, 2009, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
As far as I know, the LGA-CLT route was flown the rest of that day as scheduled (with "as scheduled" being a nonspecific term when the NYC airports and their delays are involved). I believe the same flight (albeit with a different flight number) was operated the next day.

Jim
Yep, one day after the accident the flight was changed to 1543.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy

Jim
Jim:
I was working that day & rest of day was flown as scheduled.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman
Thanks for the info everyone. This is very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.