Search

US is not nearly as bad as i was expecting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
You said it!!!

And add Friday morning LAX-EWR to that list!!!

In fact, even Sunday afternoon EWR-LAX flights usually have upgrade lists in the 25-30 range.

My upgrade percentage on CO is only about 25%, whereas it was 50% as a US Gold.
Of course CO Y is superior to US F, since one can avoid being on US. I'd just want the flight numbers so I can start booking on that flight on monday morning LAX-EWR routes.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by gawhite411
Of course CO Y is superior to US F, since one can avoid being on US. I'd just want the flight numbers so I can start booking on that flight on monday morning LAX-EWR routes.
SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please provide date and flight number

FREQUENTPLANETRAVELER,

VanTheMan63, gawhite411, SS255, and I are still waiting for you to enlighten us since we frequently like to fly CO F. Please provide the specific date of the "Monday morning" and flight number of your CO flight that had 2 empty F seats between LAX and EWR. Be advised that some of us have friends at CO and this information will be subject to verification. Unless of course, it was a typo and you meant to write a Monday morning flight between LAX and PHL operated by US, in which case no further verification will be needed. Thanks in advance. ^
Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
But I'm still to see pictures of tape holding together UA's seats or regular sheets of paper being used to form a screen. OR, CO's employees and customers reveling against the new CO-UA partnership.

Also, UA has its award-winning "It's time to fly" campaign commercials, a fabulous p.s. service for transcon flights, and has started to roll out one of the nicest int'l Business Class seats across its fleet, etc. So that's that. Remind me again what is so promising about US Airways? Oh right, the rather interesting America West foam that replaced the nice soap US Airways used to have in its aircraft lavatories.

p.s. OK, so US Airways' rivals have 4-6 empty seats in F as you claim, it's still better than 9-11 on a 12-seat F cabin.
I'm sure there are pictures out there of some of the things you've mentioned, but those problems exist on UA, CO, and any other airline for that matter. Also the partnership between UA/CO is not a merger, buy out, etc. so you cannot compare that to HP/US or even DL/NW. If UA and CO were to actually merge, I'm sure you'd see .....ing and moaning from both sides.

With regards to the UA commericals, if you are talking about the "fantasy" animated commercials they have, while they may be award winning, commercials do not make an airline. With UAs PS service it definitely is a great way to go from LAX/JFK especially in C or F. I've done it before myself but I know that UA has made cuts to that service in terms of whats offered. Plus I've seen complaints and have experienced it for myself that those planes especially in F have seats that have had a number of "mechanical" issues. UAs intl biz product is nice but once US rolls out the "pod" type seats on its intl planes, you'll have a competitive product. Also there are bigger things to be concerned about if you are worried about the soap in a lav.

I have yet to see on any of my US flights 9 to 11 seats open in First Class. Also, as a point of reference your math is a little off for example, 4 seats occupied in F on a UA 757 does not make only 4 to 6 empty seats.

Originally Posted by gawhite411
SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its crazy to thing that CO Y is superior to US F. A rock hard seat with no existent leg room and a gas station quality hamburger for a meal. How is that better than US F?? Except for maybe the fact CO offers IFE and on some planes in seat entertainment.

FREQUENTPLANETRAVELER,

VanTheMan63, gawhite411, SS255, and I are still waiting for you to enlighten us since we frequently like to fly CO F. Please provide the specific date of the "Monday morning" and flight number of your CO flight that had 2 empty F seats between LAX and EWR. Be advised that some of us have friends at CO and this information will be subject to verification. Unless of course, it was a typo and you meant to write a Monday morning flight between LAX and PHL operated by US, in which case no further verification will be needed. Thanks in advance. ^
You are something else. You will just take any opportunity to discredit anybody that disagrees with you. I like though have you disguised your attack in what would appear to be a "question" for the most part. You really need to give it up!!! Accept the fact that you hate US and the there are people that disagree with you and moved on.

With the CO flight, I do not remember the flight number, but I will say that I was surprised to see open seats. It is however not the first time I've been on LAX/EWR where there have been open seats. In those cases though, I have seen elites as low as silver get upgraded last minute. So it can happen, I just know it doesnt happen often.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrequentPlaneTraveler
I'm sure there are pictures out there of some of the things you've mentioned, but those problems exist on UA, CO, and any other airline for that matter. Also the partnership between UA/CO is not a merger, buy out, etc. so you cannot compare that to HP/US or even DL/NW. If UA and CO were to actually merge, I'm sure you'd see .....ing and moaning from both sides.

With regards to the UA commericals, if you are talking about the "fantasy" animated commercials they have, while they may be award winning, commercials do not make an airline. With UAs PS service it definitely is a great way to go from LAX/JFK especially in C or F. I've done it before myself but I know that UA has made cuts to that service in terms of whats offered. Plus I've seen complaints and have experienced it for myself that those planes especially in F have seats that have had a number of "mechanical" issues. UAs intl biz product is nice but once US rolls out the "pod" type seats on its intl planes, you'll have a competitive product. Also there are bigger things to be concerned about if you are worried about the soap in a lav.

I have yet to see on any of my US flights 9 to 11 seats open in First Class. Also, as a point of reference your math is a little off for example, 4 seats occupied in F on a UA 757 does not make only 4 to 6 empty seats.

Its crazy to thing that CO Y is superior to US F. A rock hard seat with no existent leg room and a gas station quality hamburger for a meal. How is that better than US F?? Except for maybe the fact CO offers IFE and on some planes in seat entertainment.

You are something else. You will just take any opportunity to discredit anybody that disagrees with you. I like though have you disguised your attack in what would appear to be a "question" for the most part. You really need to give it up!!! Accept the fact that you hate US and the there are people that disagree with you and moved on.

With the CO flight, I do not remember the flight number, but I will say that I was surprised to see open seats. It is however not the first time I've been on LAX/EWR where there have been open seats. In those cases though, I have seen elites as low as silver get upgraded last minute. So it can happen, I just know it doesnt happen often.
If you notice, quite a few other people posted the question before me. In any case, the fact you can't provide a date or flight number is highly suspicious since you can just log into your "CO PLAT" account and see when you flew LAX-EWR. Oh, and commercials do not make an airline, but effective marketing helps to yield profits... you may want to read a few case studies on EK.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
This thread has diverged wildly from the OP. Enough is enough - you guys can take your arguments elsewhere. Quit polluting threads with the back-and-forth.

Closed for review and moderator discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.