Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Summer Promotion -- 50% on hotel and car activity (includes hotel point transfers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Summer Promotion -- 50% on hotel and car activity (includes hotel point transfers)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 10:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dsimon
. . . the bonus points have not posted as of yet.
The Terms and Conditions of the promo say, "Bonus miles will post weekly beginning on May 13, 2009."

They probably do a sweep once a week, so I would think that, at most, you'll have them within the next 7 days. (Which is better than some of these promos, which don't post the bonus points until well after the end of the promo period.)
Old May 19, 2009, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
The Terms and Conditions of the promo say, "Bonus miles will post weekly beginning on May 13, 2009."

They probably do a sweep once a week, so I would think that, at most, you'll have them within the next 7 days. (Which is better than some of these promos, which don't post the bonus points until well after the end of the promo period.)
Thank you for the follow-up, I should have referred back to the Terms that you linked.
Old May 20, 2009, 4:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'm not sure how the match works out but I'd personally be reluctant to transfer SPG to US. I personally value Starwood points much more than US miles...they are thougher to earn for me and therefore points that I use for hotel redemption.
Old May 20, 2009, 6:25 am

The promo is to match points 50% so 20,000 SPG points converts to 37,500 starwood points. A decent conversion in my book considering I am earning 30,000 SPG points a month these days.
Old May 20, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
US miles are more valuable to me than all the other USA airline programs, expect AA which is of equal value. I am not trying to go of topic here, but for C and F redemptions to Europe, US is great. 80k in C and 125 for F (UA is 105k/C and 135k/F and they block availability). DL/NW have been greatly devalued and cannot be redeemed for International F and we do not know what will happen with CO until they join *A. I will be transferring 40k to US to top up my account for a LX/LH/SQ F trip in fall
Old May 21, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
US miles are more valuable to me than all the other USA airline programs, expect AA which is of equal value. I am not trying to go of topic here, but for C and F redemptions to Europe, US is great. 80k in C and 125 for F (UA is 105k/C and 135k/F and they block availability). DL/NW have been greatly devalued and cannot be redeemed for International F and we do not know what will happen with CO until they join *A. I will be transferring 40k to US to top up my account for a LX/LH/SQ F trip in fall
I too converted (unfortunately I had to before the promo) MR points into DM for *A F trip that is basically around the world for two (south asia award).

I think you are right that redeeming DM miles for *A awards is best use of it and better then most any other airline out there in USA.
Old May 21, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Hilton-to-US transfer rate?

people have mentioned the rates at which they can transfer marriott or spg points to us airways....i am a hilton points whore but i can't figure out what the base transfer rate to us airways is. does anyone know?
Old May 21, 2009, 9:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OverpaidSlacker
people have mentioned the rates at which they can transfer marriott or spg points to us airways....i am a hilton points whore but i can't figure out what the base transfer rate to us airways is. does anyone know?
10,000 HH points = 850 US miles, then with this bonus you'd add 50%.

No wonder no one is talking about it.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:13 am
SWG

The 50% bonus points from my SPG-to-US transfer have now posted.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:44 am

50% bonus posted on all my transactions
Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:02 pm

Looks like these are posting on Mondays, based on the comments above and my experience -- I transferred 20k points on Saturday (5/30) and the 25k miles posted today, just 2 days later. Hopefully the 50% bonus isn't far behind.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: AWA Platinum;hhonors Diamond
How?

How do you transfer SPG point to miles? Quick Google, didn't point out anything obvious to me.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
www.starwoodhotels.com

Originally Posted by beaum
How do you transfer SPG point to miles? Quick Google, didn't point out anything obvious to me.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...tner_list.html
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
The 50% bonus miles have posted in the past few hours.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Sixt Platinum, Lufthansa FTL
Hi all

I opened myself a new us dividend miles account and transfered 40000 starwood points. 50000 miles have credited and I guess the 50% should come soon.
I just read through the terms and conditions and it says

Partner activity without earning Dividend Miles does not qualify for the bonus offer.

What does that mean? Does it mean you have collect miles by flying as well to get the bonus?
can someone help me?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.