Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dividend Miles WORLD ELITE Mastercard???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Dividend Miles WORLD ELITE Mastercard???

I'm a current card holder of the US Airways Dividend Miles Premier World Mastercard... its the one featured here:
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...s/default.aspx

Today in the mail, I got a new card mailed to me. Same acct number, same exp date, same everything. Except its a different look, and its now a US Airways "World Elite" Mastercard. Its silver now, no picture of a plane on it.

Really nothing is explained in the mailing on why they are changing the look of the card. Nor is anything explained if the benefits are changing. It would seem silly to me to simply rebrand the card with a different look?

Any ideas?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
I got a letter about it a month ago - it is an upgrade, based on your spending in 2008. It gives added benefits at no extra cost. The card continues as long as your annual spending exceeds $30k.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
And what might these added benefits be? I'm thinking I never got a letter?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Notification of upgrade to World Elite may have been by email. Benefits are to include:
  • Taking advantage of 24/7 Concierge Service for dining reservations, gift ideas and hard-to-get event tickets and more.
  • Accessing privileged travel benefits including a personal travel advisor through the Virtuoso® luxury travel network.†
  • Enjoying MasterCard® Experiences and Offers with connections to extraordinary culinary, entertainment and lifestyle opportunities.
  • Experiencing peace of mind knowing your new World Elite MasterCard comes with Price Protection, Extended Warranty and Purchase Assurance to protect your eligible purchases

Unfortunately, it seems there aren't any special US Airways related benefits like free club access, free international upgrades, double miles or the like (I know, I know, wishful thinking).
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by DesertSailors
The card continues as long as your annual spending exceeds $30k.
Really? I got the letter a while back and the card last week. I've never put $30k on the MC in a year. I've hit over $25k two years in a row because I got the bonus qualifying miles, but that was it.

Wonder if I will get the old card back when my spending isn't as much this year. I like the look of the old one better. This one is so plain that it almost looks fake.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Really? I got the letter a while back and the card last week. I've never put $30k on the MC in a year. I've hit over $25k two years in a row because I got the bonus qualifying miles, but that was it.

Wonder if I will get the old card back when my spending isn't as much this year. I like the look of the old one better. This one is so plain that it almost looks fake.
I usually put about $25,001 on the card -- get the bonus and then switch cards. (Although in most years that usually happens by February or March). I got the new card, too, so I am sure it is not just a strict $30k trigger.

BTW I never understand why they don't just give you 10k miles per $25k spend with no limit. I'd spend way more than I do on this card (or the BOA card) if they did that. Instead I just switch to better miles cards once I hit the limit on elite miles.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
I'm a current card holder of the US Airways Dividend Miles Premier World Mastercard... its the one featured here:
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...s/default.aspx

Today in the mail, I got a new card mailed to me. Same acct number, same exp date, same everything. Except its a different look, and its now a US Airways "World Elite" Mastercard. Its silver now, no picture of a plane on it.

Really nothing is explained in the mailing on why they are changing the look of the card. Nor is anything explained if the benefits are changing. It would seem silly to me to simply rebrand the card with a different look?

Any ideas?
Old May 9, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
To resurrect this thread from the dead, I just received my new World Elite card today. $35k in annual spend is required to maintain World Elite status.
Old May 9, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
To resurrect this thread from the dead, I just received my new World Elite card today. $35k in annual spend is required to maintain World Elite status.
World Elite status gets you what????

BTW, my annual companion certs showed up today - for my SECOND US DMMC card. I still have yet to receive the certs for my first DMMC card.
Old May 9, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I got one today as well with the same $35K notation. I also like the old look better and agree that the additional benefits are intangible.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

The everyday 2 for 1 full fare c tickets may be of use to some.
Old May 10, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The everyday 2 for 1 full fare c tickets may be of use to some.
Can you breifly explain this? I did not see anything about a 2 for 1 deal on full fare coach tickets.
Old May 10, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Can you breifly explain this? I did not see anything about a 2 for 1 deal on full fare coach tickets.
C is business, not coach. (Y is coach). The offers are BOGO on full fare business with some airlines, and complimentary upgrades with others on full fare coach. Significant capacity controls in either instance make this benefit nearly worthless.

Offers here:
http://priceless.com/us/personal/en/.../airlines.html

and terms here:
http://priceless.com/us/personal/en/...onditions.html
Old May 11, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
What does this really get me compared to the old one? I didn't see anything exciting, but I didn't read the fine print either....
Old May 11, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
C is business, not coach. (Y is coach). The offers are BOGO on full fare business with some airlines, and complimentary upgrades with others on full fare coach. Significant capacity controls in either instance make this benefit nearly worthless.
For the USAirways offers, anyone know the fare bucket that the BOGO Envoy would come from? I got the offer and didn't read it but we do go to the UK about 4-6 times a year so it might be worth it to me. I'd like to do some research into the capacity controls and availability before deciding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.