Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm embarassed of my Hometown Airlines - a rant of sorts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I was at the CO DO as well and am a Gold after pulling all my business from US. This was one of the best weekends that I have ever had and I can't thank CO enough for putting this on. Like SS225 says, the executives were completely transparent and everything was fair game. I even managed to grab a few biz cards of some of these people and will be emailing my thoughts this morning.

US would NEVER put something like this on until they actually embrace the fact that empowerment of their own people is important. Just talking with a group of F/A's at the Hangar party saturday, they all respect Larry Kellner because HE allows them to do whatever they need to do to make the customer happy. Everyone from CO was profusely grateful to us for our business and to be honest, these type of events not only reign in my loyalty, but they make me want to go out and purchase fares that are not the lowest of the lowest. The product is something of great value and of course, US most likely will never get this concept. One of the things I found funny that was asked was: "What are you doing to add more seats on the premium trans-cons like EWR-SFO,LAX?" The F cabins sell out routinely because people BUY the product; Larry even said he jacked up the prices on that route in F and they STILL sell out.....it is a stellar run up front.....The fact that elites were moaning that they couldnt score an upgrade was beyond me....if you want F on those particular routes, PAY for it, otherwise, you get what you pay for folks!

This was hands down, the best thing CO could have done for some of its best passengers and if they do it again next year, I will wholeheartedly be there.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
As far as the CO DO this past weekend was concerned, for the money spent (and it was lots), CO would never be able to BUY the kind of advertising that this will generate. If each of us tells just 1 or 2 people about this great airline, think of the multiples of revenue that this will generate for CO, which will lead to making it an even better airline! Brilliant!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by davidgmg
How come Air Canada now allows two bags free cause fuel went down? If US Air was called Spirit or similar I'd understand but when you have a choice yes vote with you wallet.
AC did not reduce fees because fares went down. See WestJet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.