Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SNA-LAS RT: FC View(s)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; AC 75k; UA Gold; Bonvoy Ambassador; Hertz Presidents Circle; Hilton Diamond
SNA-LAS RT: FC View(s)

I fly US transcons (and Europe) six or seven times a year, but I haven't been on a short hop to LAS in about a year, and just wanted to share a couple observations:

1 - As a Gold I was upgraded on both legs at the initial auto-upgrade window. Row 1 both flights (my preferred row, nobody reclining into your space);

2 - FC was the emptiest I'd ever experienced on US. On both flights I had THE ENTIRE FIRST ROW TO MYSELF !!

3 - Crew on outboud very good: pre-departure drink, pass of the snack basket and 2 rounds of drinks in flight. Excellent for a 38 minute flight time.

4 - Crew on return not so stellar: no pre-departure drink, no snack basket and one (surly) drink service. As per usual, experience widely variable depending on the FA's. A note on the Male FA uniform (based on other comments I've read on FT of late) - although I think the new uniforms are in general a nice upgrade, the male FA's in the short-sleeved oxford do look unprofessional without a tie. I lived in PHX for 10+ years, so I understand that if it's mid-august in PHX or LAS then NOBODY should be made to wear a tie, but mid-winter it would look alot snazzier and present a more professional image.

5 - Kettles in FC - I realize that with US's new business plan this is inevitable (and LAS as a destination doesn't help) but I hadn't experienced conduct this bad in quite some time. On the outbound the last row was occupied by 4 middle-age frat boys who spent the entire flight talking (loudly) about how difficult it was juggling both "girlfriends and their wives".....very classy guys !! They were also inappropriate a couple times with the FA but she (indicating she'd been flying for 15+ years) handled it all quite well. She got 2 A+B certs from me - a small token for all the harrassment she endured. On the return, the row behind was occupied by what appeared to be rejects from "The Real Housewives of Orange County". The four ladies had apparently bought-up to FC and were stunned that they couldn't get a martini, champagne or (as one ordered) a "singapore sling". Thankfully the flight was short and my i-pod headphones loud. Where do these people come from, and why do SO many of them travel in US FC ??

Off to Milan in Envoy later this week. I'm hoping for much less interesting cabin mates in general.

Cheers
Grunion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.