Wiki Posts
Search

Refund experience

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium?
Thumbs up Refund experience

Wanted to post this experience as I still can't believe it happend yet, and neither will you when you are done reading.

I purchased a relatively complex itn involving US and another airline recently for myself and a friend about two months in advance through travelocity. On the morning of the flight, my friend had to back out for personal reasons. It happened that the entire itn was booked on US ticket stock, but I did not know this at the time. So I get to my destination and make my way over to the US airways counter to cancel the itn for my friend. After some back and forth, she tells me the itn is canceled and I have to submit a refund request to US and gives me the address. Apparently I will get a credit good for a year. So far so good.

About two weeks later I get back home and happen to be checking my credit card charges online when I notice a CREDIT, yes a CREDIT from US AIRWAYS on my account dated EXACTLY the day I canceled the itn for my friend. The credit is for exactly half the amount I originally paid for both of us (in other words, for exactly the amount my friends ticket would have been). I am thunderstruck.

Now, I have no idea what happened here but I sure am grateful. I am still reeling from the shock. After checking a couple of days later, the credit is still there.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Sir... you were LUCKY.

HTSC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.