Wiki Posts
Search

Connection PHX - 1 hour between flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP; LQ-G
Connection PHX - 1 hour between flights

I have a connection between HNL-PHX and PHX-PIT with 1:03 between arrival and departure times, row 11 on the first flight, around 9am. Is this do-able?

Doing the "Try Preferred" option, and need to keep flights on US metal to get the miles, so missing the flight would be devastating. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
An hour connection time at PHX plenty of time. Even if gates are at complete opposite ends (Low A gate to High B gate), even a half hour should be just enough to make it before the door closes prior to departure.

If you did miss the connection, there's at least a second PHX-PIT that departs around noon, give or take depending on when your trip is.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by erinys
Doing the "Try Preferred" option, and need to keep flights on US metal to get the miles, so missing the flight would be devastating. Any suggestions?

On the vast majority of days, you would not have a problem. An hour to connect in PHX is very comfortable, unless your flight is more than 30 to 40 minutes late.

Even then, they'll get you on the later non-stop to PIT, or can route you any number of ways through PHL, DCA or CLT, earning you even more miles toward that Preferred challenge.

If it's staying on US metal that is so critical, and not the time aspect of being on that specific flight to PIT, you've got nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: US Plat, AA, Marriott Silver, PC Plat, TSA Full-body scan - Glow in the Dark level
I make connections in PHX with less than one hour all of the time. As long as you are not delayed, it is not a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.