Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Exec: ‘We’re Not Easy to do Business With’

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
US Airways Exec: ‘We’re Not Easy to do Business With’

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2009...business-with/

I didn't see anyone post this article from the Wall Street Journal last week. Interesting sentiment.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:33 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Certainly my one and only experience trying to buy a US ticket
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:19 am

They just realized this?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Most of us are elites and we have to explain the rules to the employees!
Maybe the rules are too complicated and intended to screw the customer!

I know many employees here who refuse to fly US and tell the admins that.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by safetymom
They just realized this?
My thoughts exactly!

Well, actually my thoughts were, "Duh!"
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
They are the ones who have the power to change this!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by SS255
They are the ones who have the power to change this!
Correct, lets see if they do
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by safetymom
They just realized this?
Fortunately, many (former) customers are much more astute.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Kerry Hester, US Airways’ vice president for reservations and customer service planning
Many of our policies and procedures, designed to fit the systems available to us or to protect our company’s revenue, can be confusing or perceived as inconvenient to our customers.
Stupid customers, always getting confused and stuff!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Kerry Hester, US Airways’ vice president for reservations and customer service planning:

Many of our policies and procedures, designed to fit the systems available to us or to protect our company’s revenue, can be confusing or perceived as inconvenient to our customers.
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Stupid customers, always getting confused and stuff!
Nice translation!

And we know that US' policies are so clearly and succinctly presented on the website and in other documentation that it must be all our fault for not understanding. In other words, "Blame it on US." (Pun intended!)
Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:48 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by Spiff
Fortunately, many (former) customers are much more astute.
Going back to Roachfest in '04, one exec made the observation that their elites knew their product better than they did. I see that it's the same way today, even though it's a different crew running the show.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:21 pm

I recently read some of the back issues of "About US" on the ffocus board (ok, I was bored). When they were responding to employees reports of customer complaints, all they kept saying is how charging for everything helped the bottom line. But your customers are ticked off! I pay hundreds of dollars for a cross country flight and you are charging me for water? They just don't get it.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Going back to Roachfest in '04, one exec made the observation that their elites knew their product better than they did. I see that it's the same way today, even though it's a different crew running the show.
As "Grand PooBah" of that wonderful event it may interest some of the readers here that the executive who made that comment came from America West as part of Mr Siegal's team.

Now there was exactly one executive who was lured away from HP to US and post merger stayed with US. I'm not telling, you have to find out for your onliest self.

He's a nice guy, however I did hear him make the above observation with my own ears.

There is much to comment on regarding the quote from Ms Hester. I'll put it in the most favorable light possible.

Dear Ms Hester,

Thank you for recognizing and admitting what we have been telling you for the last three plus ears. Thanks for listening.
Regards,

Piney Bob
Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
A small observation on the web-site, and how its difficult to do biz

It's illustrative to find things that US is unique (in my experience) for doing or not doing.
Simple example; try and find all itineraries on USAir.com by US FF number. FL, B6, and all other majors that I fly have no problem doing this at their sites, even if the ticket was purchased on Orbitz, Priceline, wherever. US can't even use FF number to retrieve itins booked direct from the US web-site.
A higher level cynic might conclude US keeps them from the disorganized who may lose their confirmation numbers in the hope of US getting a double booking, and receiving the resulting change fees.
I'm a realist who concludes its explainable as incompetence mixed with don't care.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:42 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by NY-FLA
It's illustrative to find things that US is unique (in my experience) for doing or not doing.
Good to see you here! Been a while since I had you on flight. I just don't think this group will ever get it. Tempe can't be loyal to their FF's and employees. How can they expect those groups to be loyal to them. They really are clueless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.