Search

using elite security whne on another airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
using elite security whne on another airline

Excuse the misspelling in my title didnt notice it until i posted.

I'm flying on AS out of BOS today. Can i use my US silver card to get through elite security even though i'm flying AS. Both airlines share gates. I'm flying First Class with AS.

Who would have thought my first round trip after switching to AS is first class both ways. Cant wait to drink out a glass.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Can't speak for BOS, but I've used F BP's and/or my DL Gold card to get through elite security at airports where DL was not the dominant carrier such as CLE. Don't know if alliance makes a difference, since CO (CLE big player) and DL are (still) both Skyteam. If the line is busy, I don't think they'll slow you down to hassle you.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
On the unfortunate occassion that I have to suffer WN, the upshot is that they usually share the cheapest terminal in the airport with US, so I use my DM card to grease through security. Works most places.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I've seen US security turn away WN pax here in PHX, regardless of status. But I guess it depends on the day, the crowd, and of course the agent.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I've seen US security turn away WN pax here in PHX, regardless of status
I thought that WN has but two levels of status:
- flown before
- not flown before.

One can get an RR card to prove the former, but I don't see it
being much good anyplace, except that it at least recently
allowed one to use the MHT VIP lounge.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by violist
I thought that WN has but two levels of status:
- flown before
- not flown before.
No. They are establishing elite lines at some airports. Elite = 32 segments in 1 year or the highest price ticket for that flight.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:33 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
So can I squeak through the elite line at PHL by flashing my AS mvp gold card?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
This question is airport and terminal-specific, not airline-specific. The job of the ID checkers who direct you into a screening line is to match the name and the face on the ID with you and your boarding pass; for the most part they are not airline employees and not trained to distinguish one airline's FF program from another, much less their alliance or other partners. Thus, your elite card from any airline is usually sufficient to use an elite screening line domestically.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ANC
So can I squeak through the elite line at PHL by flashing my AS mvp gold card?
It depends on the terminal.

At D & E the new combined security area has no elite lines at all and essentially no distinction for the new TSA casual, family, frequent traveler lines (not that that seems to matter in the slightest at any airport anyway... ).

At B or C (the US terminals) there are elite lines and they seem to be fairly casual about who gets to use them, so I'd give it a try there.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 5:24 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
the new TSA casual, family, frequent traveler lines (not that that seems to matter in the slightest at any airport anyway... ).

Yeah thats a pathetic issue in itself. You should see Anchorage where for right now they are allowing the "family/granny line" to be the same as the express lines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.