Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagged in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by KNRG
I don't understand the complaint...

You're on US - they charge for water. If you want free and copious amounts of water and need it for medical reason: fly WN.

They were running out and were rationing. I don't understand why that's a huge deal.
The OP was in FIRST class, where all beverages are complimentary!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dingo
Yuckie.
I am sure tap water or a mere cup of water was a last resort for her medical condition.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I don't see why. Do you think that it is right for one passenger to consume all of the water in the cabin? She wasn't the only customer on the flight and these are finite resources. Why should she get more when others go without?
Because the OP was in F class, asked for more water, and because it was needed for medical reasons which were none of our business to begin with!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Originally Posted by me4yankees
The OP was in FIRST class, where all beverages are complimentary!
So?

If they need to charge for water -at all- I certainly don't expect them to have extra stock laying around to hand out.

Being in First doesn't mean an endless amount of anything you want. Suppose they'd indulge my desire to make a blankie and pillow fortress?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:40 pm

So?If they need to charge for water -at all- I certainly don't expect them to have extra stock laying around to hand out.

Being in First doesn't mean an endless amount of anything you want. Suppose they'd indulge my desire to make a blankie and pillow fortress?
You have completely missed the boat on this!

Apparently the aircraft was not stocked with enough water (see the OP's first post!), which is why there was not enough water!

Secondly, the OP asked for a mere CUP of water for the last hour of the flight!

But more importantly was the FAs poor attitude towards the OP in trying to resolve the situation.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
You have completely missed the boat on this!

Apparently the aircraft was not stocked with enough water (see the OP's first post!), which is why there was not enough water!

But more importantly was the FAs poor attitude towards the OP in trying to resolve the situation.
I don't expect them to react very kindly to my pillow fort request either. The OP has a medical reason for needing large amounts of water, and thus a responsibility to the OP's-self to provide and provision that water - by the OP.

Not the airline, not a FA, not an act of God.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
I don't expect them to react very kindly to my pillow fort request either. The OP has a medical reason for needing large amounts of water, and thus a responsibility to the OP's-self to provide and provision that water - by the OP.

alas, a classic example of why I will not grace US with my Revenue, UA gets 50K or more, US zippo. crappy airline, and only crappy FFers are left
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:27 pm

We have no idea how much the OP consumed or if her medical condition was shared with the FA. However, that is beside the point. Making sure a plane is adequately stocked with water and good customer service IS the responsibility of the airline.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
If they need to charge for water -at all- I certainly don't expect them to have extra stock laying around to hand out.
What?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Because the OP was in F class, asked for more water, and because it was needed for medical reasons which were none of our business to begin with!
It seems to me that if I had a medical reason for drinking copious amounts of water, I might bring a bottle with me. Just sayin'.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
It seems to me that if I had a medical reason for drinking copious amounts of water, I might bring a bottle with me. Just sayin'.
I guess the OP "made the mistake" of thinking that US would have an adequate supply of water on board since she has never had this happen before.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I guess the OP "made the mistake" of thinking that US would have an adequate supply of water on board since she has never had this happen before.
OP never answered the question. How much is "adequate"?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Here is how I look at this.

1. Airline should have adequate water on board.
2. OP should have a backup water for medical emergencies.

Since neither #1 and #2 didn't happen then we are looking at the issue.

I think a lot was a communication issue on both FA and OP side.

If OP would explain to FA about medical condition I think FA would be more attentive and go to the back and check for water sooner.

If FA would explain to OP that she has limited water and that she needs to make sure that other pax have at least a little if needed since she already been given x bottles I think OP would react differently.

To the OP, just imagine that there are two of you on board and you happen to fell asleep and your peer would drink all the remaining water and when you wake up FA didn't have a drop to offer and tell you that she gave pax B 4 bottles in past couple of hours not saving any for others. How would you feel? Would you be also upset and write to Tempe about it? If you would, then you shouldn't do it now.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
So, are we expected to believe that with an hour left on the flight, that EVERY bottle of $2 water in coach was sold? That the whole flight was near dry levels?

I think it's more the lack of service that is irritating. The FA should have proactively walked herself to coach to check on their water supply, rather than chiding the OP for drinking too much and making it an issue. The PROPER customer service response was to just GET the water from coach, rather than give the OP attitude about her drinking limit.

OP - next time, tell the FA to nuke a plastic cup of ice for you.

Pfft.

(BTW, this story reinforces why I defected off US, and why I don't miss it for a second).
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:02 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
my, my
i came to the forum to see if, in spite of the bad PR, US air had improved in its treatment of customers...

i was looking at potentially getting my div miles in shape, but it looks l ike i best hold off on that one

in other news - i'vehad up to ten mini-dassani waters on delta.... i routinely drink five or six of these suckers on a trans-continental flight (plus other drinks)

hydration is important. no snide remarks to my face, yet

on multiple occasions, i've asked and received 1.5 l bottles too - to reduce the burden of fetching me a bottle every time the FA walks by

no such treatment and luxury with US huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.