Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40 New flights comming to CLT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are these for a few new destinations? upgrades from Express to mainline? or simply additional frequencies to existing cities?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by cwe84
I may be wrong coach but aren't some of those flights going from Mesa to Republic? We are taking over a couple of routes from them in March as they continue there decline in CLT.
Yes! CLT doesn't need Mesa
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by iztok
100% agreed.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by iztok
Mesa would be fine if they could fly a comfortable plane. The Mesa version of the CRJ is horrible. It should be banned from service. Someone called it the Butt Buster, in a previous thread.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:16 am

Glad to hear of the news, it's always nice to get more options and increased capacity out of what should be US' primary eastern hub for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is quality of staff. ^^^

Too bad they can't pick up and move PHL's flights to PIT, but I digress.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: None
Just a word of caution while we're trying to read the tea leaves...

When coachrowsey said:

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
All we were told by training was 40 new flights eff 2Mar. that mainline is handeling
it means that mainline ground personnel will be handling 40 additional flights. That doesn't necessarily equate to CLT getting 40 additional flights, since at least some of the 40 could just be mainline folks working more the Express flights.

Since I've lost touch with the ground ops since I retired, coach could maybe tell us which Express flights mainline personnel currently handles (carriers/airplane types and not specific flight numbers). If PSA (for example) is handled by Express personnel but Republic is handled by mainline, Republic taking over some routes from PSA would mean an increase in the number of flights handled by mainline but not an increase in the number of flights at CLT.

Jim
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
That would only mean an extra 30 minutes at Customs in CLT. I've had the misfortune of arriving from MUC in CLT... one hour wait to go through customs. Yikes.

HSC
Originally Posted by crunchie
Hope it's more international. IMHO, anything that lets US pax avoid PHL is a postive move for customers. Also good for MRs! (e.g. SEA-CLT-DFW instead of SEA-PHX-DFW).
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
All I know is that effective mid February my favorite 12:55pm flight from MHT to CLT has been discontinued. It was always full too.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

The only express flts mainline handles is Republic.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:52 pm

So if, for example, Republic replaced Mesa on 20 flights a day mainline would handle 20 more flights per day but the overall number of flights would stay the same?

Jim
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:19 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
So if, for example, Republic replaced Mesa on 20 flights a day mainline would handle 20 more flights per day but the overall number of flights would stay the same?

Jim
Yes, Mesa parks in the E concourse (express) and Republic parks in the C concourse (mainline). I miss being in the E concourse though. The agents don't treat us like red headed step children and the ground crew knows what a quick turn is.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by cwe84
Yes, Mesa parks in the E concourse (express) and Republic parks in the C concourse (mainline).
Thanks - I didn't realize that Mesa had moved to E-con since I retired.

Jim
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:38 pm

Mesa said that US Airways said it would eliminate three CRJ-200 flights by next year.

"We anticipate US Airways will continue to further reduce the number of covered aircraft in accordance with the agreement," the company said in a regulatory filing.

Mesa said that as of September 30, it operated 38 CRJ-900, 11 CRJ-200, and 6 Dash-8 aircraft for US Airways under a code-share agreement.

Article here
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by JayBrian
"Mesa said that US Airways said it would eliminate three CRJ-200 flights by next year."
I suspect that to be a misstatement - 3 flights doesn't equal a reduction of 1 airplane since the average is probably 6-8 flights/day per airplane. It should probably say that US is eliminating 3 CRJ-200 aircraft by next year.

[Added] Confirmation - this is from the SEC filing:

The Company has received notice of US Airways' intent to reduce one CRJ-200 in January 2009, one in July 2009 and one CRJ-200 in January 2010. We anticipate US Airways will continue to further reduce the number of covered aircraft in accordance with the agreement. In addition, US Airways may eliminate the Dash-8 aircraft upon 180 days prior written notice.
Jim
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Update

Got update from training today & the lady said the 40 flights are ALL MAINLINE & not express. They are really new flights. She also said CLT will show 1.3 flights per gate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.