Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Shake up at the castle (3 execs, including VP Marketing Travis Christ, to leave US)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shake up at the castle (3 execs, including VP Marketing Travis Christ, to leave US)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BobbieD
If it sounds like the King, talks like the King, and worships the Sandcastle like the King, IT IS THE KING.

Someone in moderation needs to do an IP address check on this guy.
Not so sure here. My KINGsense isn't tingling...
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP, CO PE, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, BW Diamond, Avis PC
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Me thinks you protest way to much.......
Me thinks you just don't like the airline so much that are willing to look down upon those that do like the airline.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BobbieD
If it sounds like the King, talks like the King, and worships the Sandcastle like the King, IT IS THE KING.

Someone in moderation needs to do an IP address check on this guy.
You are just so funny. Check all you want, I sure am not the King. Plus I don't worship the Sandcastle. I just happen to like and support the airline. If I worshiped the airline, I'd being saying they could do no wrong, which I have never once said.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I have to disagree. The cause is the same. But the M.O.s of flyawaytoomuch and KingLockJaw are very different.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:47 pm

So The most hated man on this board gets canned and all we have is a bunch of Beotching back and forth?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass Elite Platinum, American Executive Platinum, Ex-US Airways Chairman's Preferred
I personally believe that these "people" on here promoting US Airways are all plants for the airline and are not, in fact, actual people. These people work very hard to monitor the forums and quell dissent among their passengers and employees and I'm quite certain that they've got Kings working among us to keep us in line.

Anyone who flies US Airways legitimately knows that the airline hasn't a single redeeming quality about it and it's about the worst airline in the western world. There is no defense of anything they've done and anyone who does defend them, without any legitimate reason to, must be looked upon as suspect.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by flywaywaytoomuch
Me thinks you just don't like the airline so much that are willing to look down upon those that do like the airline.
Only management shrills......
Old Aug 30, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by planeluvr
He is the "King" of information.

Maybe he got his info from grasshopper
Old Aug 30, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
Wow, I'm a bit shocked by the mob attitude going on here.

First let me say that I completely disagree with most of what flywaywaytoomuch has said.

But I feel like a witch-hunt is brewing here.

Fly has opinions that differ from many of us. He is entitled to those and seems to enjoy a good debate on the merits of his argument's vs the rest of us. To me that is a big part of what an online forum is about.

But many here, including many that I completely respect and agree with, have let their frustration with what the airline is doing turn into a vengance towards anyone who isn't against what they are doing.

I too would be very disappointed if Fly turned out to be a mole from US Airways, a partner, a vendor, or was otherwise not fully disclosing who he was. He has denied all accusations that he is any of these things and I have no reason to disbelieve him. I am not so pompous as to think that someone who simply disagrees with my opinion HAS to be motivated by something other than their set of differing values.

The best part of this debate, if we can allow it to happen rather than continue to attack each other personally, is that the side that is "right" will actually be proven over the next years via the financial numbers. If US is really losing FF'ers than this will show up on their earnings which they have to report publically. So lets have fun, debate, vet our opinions and frustrations and see what reality is when the numbers come out over the year, leaving the personal attacks out of it.

Sean
Old Aug 30, 2008, 1:31 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by flywaywaytoomuch
You are just so funny. Check all you want, I sure am not the King. Plus I don't worship the Sandcastle. I just happen to like and support the airline. If I worshiped the airline, I'd being saying they could do no wrong, which I have never once said.
But if you haven't got this from the previous posts... you sure sound like the King in many ways.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 2:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Come on people!

I hate to interrupt all this off-topic, personal, rules-violating banter (not-so-subtle hint from a moderator), but I shall bring this back on the topic at hand.

I am pleased that Travis Christ is leaving US. He has not served frequent flyers well -- and I believe time will prove he has not served US Airways well. It is past time for his departure.

Perhaps this is setting the stage for a reversal, of sorts, to the elite bonus mile policy. We can hope, at least, it was the nail in the coffin (justifiably) for Travis and that just perhaps Randy's prediction is about to come true -- the return of elite bonus miles, perhaps with a credit card tie-in. My fingers are optimistically crossed.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I agree, AZ, I hope this will be a turning point for elites who still must or like to fly US.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I hate to interrupt all this off-topic, personal, rules-violating banter (not-so-subtle hint from a moderator), but I shall bring this back on the topic at hand.

I am pleased that Travis Christ is leaving US. He has not served frequent flyers well -- and I believe time will prove he has not served US Airways well. It is past time for his departure.

Perhaps this is setting the stage for a reversal, of sorts, to the elite bonus mile policy. We can hope, at least, it was the nail in the coffin (justifiably) for Travis and that just perhaps Randy's prediction is about to come true -- the return of elite bonus miles, perhaps with a credit card tie-in. My fingers are optimistically crossed.
I'm know I don't agree with you on your thoughts on US, about Travis leaving the airline or even what Randy thinks, however I will say this, thank you for your "reminder" in the first part of your post.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Is the pissing match over? Can we get back on topic as to the departure of senior execs? I don't want the mods to close this conversation because posters can not be civil.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Is the pissing match over? Can we get back on topic as to the departure of senior execs? I don't want the mods to close this conversation because posters can not be civil.
Thanks, thats all I've been wanting is a civil debate over the topic at hand, not a lets attack those we disagree with conversation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.