FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   I hear nothing from US Airways (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/859119-i-hear-nothing-us-airways.html)

me4yankees Sep 3, 2008 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by abcxyz (Post 10307676)
The E-TUV voucher is pretty easy. The only trouble I had was being on hold 20m after I faxed the paper slip from the station manager upgrading me to Envoy on any flight when corporate called reservations and then my itinerary was changed. Never had any problems.

Not in my case. Of the $1700 of vouchers redeemed in the past year so far (7-8 vouchers), all of them required at least a 30-minute hold, a supervisor, repeated phone calls, and or being assigned a liaison in the Executive Office. Apparently all the Platinum agents I get are inept. I understand, my TRI-CLT-NYC airport itineraries are so complicated!

abcxyz Sep 3, 2008 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by me4yankees (Post 10308176)
Not in my case. Of the $1700 of vouchers redeemed in the past year so far (7-8 vouchers), all of them required at least a 30-minute hold, a supervisor, repeated phone calls, and or being assigned a liaison in the Executive Office. Apparently all the Platinum agents I get are inept. I understand, my TRI-CLT-NYC airport itineraries are so complicated!

Heh. I just call the exec office and it's done immediately. I even have an e-mail address of somebody there and if I have a problem, it's fixed in moments (during AZ's biz hours).

me4yankees Sep 3, 2008 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by abcxyz (Post 10308289)
Heh. I just call the exec office and it's done immediately. I even have an e-mail address of somebody there and if I have a problem, it's fixed in moments (during AZ's biz hours).

Read above--that is exactly what I said--I have someone in the Executive Office now to handle vouchers because of all the troubles I have had! :D

abcxyz Sep 3, 2008 8:06 pm

So you found a solution to your problem, or you still experience long waits in your E-TUV vouchers when you deal with the exec office?

coswellnc Sep 3, 2008 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by abcxyz (Post 10308380)
So you found a solution to your problem, or you still experience long waits in your E-TUV vouchers when you deal with the exec office?

Are you saying that because you have to call the Exec Offices to get your E-TUV's redeemed correctly that's a solution?

me4yankees Sep 3, 2008 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by abcxyz (Post 10308380)

I had a number of negative experiences, and was assigned a liaison after contacting Customer Relations and she helped me redeem one. Later when I tried to redeem another one without her, I had a problem again and when I tried to contact her, she was no longer there.

I received a phone call back from a new liaison. She told me to call her when I was ready to redeem again. So I did, but when we tried to redeem one, it showed as being already used. It seems that the last time I had trouble, the agent left an unticketed itinerary in the system and I subsequently had to have a gate agent friend remove it.

In the meantime, I redeemed an alternate one. The liaison held my reservation for me but I had to still call reservations to ticket it and had trouble again during the ticketing process! So now I have two more and I am debating whether to redeem them at all.

McFlyPHL Sep 3, 2008 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by KDHawaii (Post 10309253)
You're insulting me? How dare you!!! Go pick your nose and enjoy it yourself! :td::td::td::td:

I am furious with you

Enjoy that. Really. Sorry - you don't get special treatment. Not at CDG and certainly not here. Perhaps next time you can complain about the TSA. :rolleyes:

Your complaint, in short, was in no way legitimate and in no way was US' fault. ICTS procedures are what they are. Welcome to the rest of the world where whining and being offended because you were "singled out" doesn't fly.

Jumpgate Sep 4, 2008 6:42 am

Calm down everyone.

The OP has a right to be frustrated - I think we all get frustrated when we get randomly selected or the dreaded SSSS ... and I can see how it's only worse if you have a physical limitation such as being deaf.

That being said, being selected for more questioning and airport inconvenience is just part of travel nowadays, and ICTS/CDG/US really didn't do anything wrong by questioning the OP.

Nevertheless, US coughed up 2 $75 vouchers. I think that's extremely good compensation for something that is standard procedure and only caused a 15 minute delay.

OP - What happened to you couldn't have been fun, but unfortunately it's now standard procedure and fully understandable. Despite that, US still compensated you. Trust me, there's plenty to be furious with US about nowadays, but they handled this matter above and beyond what was required of them.

I think this matter should be tied up nicely for all parties.

IADCAflyer Sep 4, 2008 7:02 am

Originally Posted by KDHawaii (Post 10309253)
You're insulting me? How dare you!!! Go pick your nose and enjoy it yourself! :td::td::td::td:

I am furious with you

PFFFTTT!!!! Hissssssss.

KDHawaii Sep 4, 2008 7:42 am

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 10310694)
PFFFTTT!!!! Hissssssss.

You wanna challenge????

KDHawaii Sep 4, 2008 7:43 am

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL (Post 10309294)
Enjoy that. Really. Sorry - you don't get special treatment. Not at CDG and certainly not here. Perhaps next time you can complain about the TSA. :rolleyes:

Your complaint, in short, was in no way legitimate and in no way was US' fault. ICTS procedures are what they are. Welcome to the rest of the world where whining and being offended because you were "singled out" doesn't fly.

What makes you think I want a special treatment??? I've never said that. Obviously, you've spent too much time on picking your nose.

I don't think you mean you're really sorry. I don't buy that...

IADCAflyer Sep 4, 2008 7:56 am

Originally Posted by KDHawaii (Post 10310878)
You wanna challenge????

Do I get a prize? I like prizes.

KDHawaii Sep 4, 2008 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 10310955)

Obviously, you have zero life.

McFlyPHL Sep 4, 2008 9:27 am

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 10310955)

Wait... are we talking about cracker jack prizes (mediocre at best) or my personal favorite, the happy meal toy? :D

IADCAflyer Sep 4, 2008 9:45 am

Originally Posted by KDHawaii (Post 10311293)
Obviously, you have zero life.

I'm sorry, I'm not the one crying like a little sissy b1tch over the fact that the airport screeners at CDG followed procedures and inconvenienced you for a whopping 15 minutes which did not cause you to miss your flight or to spend the night in CDG. Instead, you jump up and down, cry waaaah because US doesn't get back to you in 48 hours over an issue that really isn't relevant to them.

I think you need some self introspection before you consider traveling again.