FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   I hear nothing from US Airways (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/859119-i-hear-nothing-us-airways.html)

KDHawaii Aug 25, 2008 10:27 am

I hear nothing from US Airways

I've filed a complain on US Airways webiste and have not heard frm them for 3 weeks. Im pissed off. On thier webiste, it says "you will get a response within 3-4 days". I hear NOTHING from them. ugh.! ! ! !

What's the address for FAA ? I need to file a complaint to FAA. That will scare US Airways.

spin88 Aug 25, 2008 10:34 am

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/

Useful for baggage, bumping, etc, not of use to complain about being charged for drinks.

the feds just compile the numbers, but the airlines due care, as it makes them look bad.

PHL Aug 25, 2008 10:37 am

If you had a specific safety concern, you would contact the FAA. If you have a concern about how US treated you as a customer (not having anything to do with safety), then file a complaint with the DOT and copy USAirways.

BoeingBoy Aug 25, 2008 10:40 am

Originally Posted by KDHawaii (Post 10256629)
What's the address for FAA ? I need to file a complaint to FAA. That will scare US Airways.

Unless it's a safety issue, the FAA is the wrong agency. For security issues contact the TSA. For non-safety/security issues, DOT is the agency that handles consumer complaints. DOT's website has instructions for contacting any of the three:

DOT Website

Jim

[Looks like others typed faster than I did.....]

abcxyz Aug 25, 2008 3:54 pm

US Airways
4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Certify mail it. E-mail isn't always best. Neither are web forms.

When I sent them a complaint last January (I got a free ticket, 2 free upgrades to Envoy, and a $400 voucher) which they called me the day after I received the notice my letter was signed for, this was the closing paragraph:

I appreciate your time and heeding my concerns in this matter. If I do not receive a response and a satisfactory resolution from US Airways within 14 business days, I plan to forward my complaint to my local Congresswoman, Carolyn B. Maloney, New York State Senator, Bill Perkins, and United States Senators, Hillary Clinton and Charles Schumer, to voice my concerns of US Airways’ negligence in my case.

Cordially,

NAME

Cc: Mr. Doug Parker, CEO US Airways. Tony Grantham, Station Manager. Bettie Wiley, Senior Manager. Carole Perry, Station Manager.

flywaywaytoomuch Aug 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Before you go off and file a DOT complaint, start sending registered letters, etc. call the Executive Office desk within the customer relations department. The ladies (and few guys) that work in that area are typically pretty good at resolving complaints.

McFlyPHL Aug 25, 2008 7:02 pm

Perhaps it would be helpful to know what the complaint is...

spin88 Aug 26, 2008 9:16 am

Originally Posted by abcxyz (Post 10258453)

I plan to forward my complaint to my local Congresswoman, Carolyn B. Maloney

Cc: Mr. Doug Parker, CEO US Airways. Tony Grantham, Station Manager. Bettie Wiley, Senior Manager. Carole Perry, Station Manager.
[/i]

Maloney has been active in aviation issues, her name was golden...

Originally Posted by flywaywaytoomuch (Post 10259131)
Before you go off and file a DOT complaint, start sending registered letters, etc. call the Executive Office desk within the customer relations department. The ladies (and few guys) that work in that area are typically pretty good at resolving complaints.

ah the old US executive line...we ignored you for three weeks... don't rat us out...... who cares what the complaint is, if they don't respond in three weeks and you are steamed, just file it with the feds. You will feel better and they will respond...

abcxyz Aug 26, 2008 9:21 am

Originally Posted by spin88 (Post 10261830)
Maloney has been active in aviation issues, her name was golden...

What can I say, I live in a good part of NY. :)

I was quite pleased with the result, and am enjoying my free holiday in Switzerland as I type.

(I also put US Air on notice that this letter was being sent to my attorney and he would follow up as well within 10 business days).

If you write a good letter, and are calm, and reasonable, you can expect a favourable result - more than what you originally asked for.

UAPremierExec Aug 26, 2008 9:44 am

Didn't FCYTravis or someone send a compliment to USAirways and they sent him back a canned e-mail apologizing for the inconvenience and offered him a discount coupon??

SS255 Aug 26, 2008 10:02 am

Originally Posted by flywaywaytoomuch (Post 10259131)

Fair enough.....it's much more difficult to blow someone off when they are in your face. But this advice pre-supposes that the OP has the number for the executive office desk. The Customer Relations 800 number on the website (if it is even still there - I'm not going to take the time to check) gets you a lovely recording basically telling you to either submit your complaint in writing, or buzz off. :D

I suggest that the OP use whatever number is available, and if unable to get through on the phone, revert to the plan in the original post.

Travels2mch Aug 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by SS255 (Post 10262182)
Fair enough.....it's much more difficult to blow someone off when they are in your face. But this advice pre-supposes that the OP has the number for the executive office desk. The Customer Relations 800 number on the website (if it is even still there - I'm not going to take the time to check) gets you a lovely recording basically telling you to either submit your complaint in writing, or buzz off. :D

I suggest that the OP use whatever number is available, and if unable to get through on the phone, revert to the plan in the original post.

The # for the executive office is 877-369-6512 ([email protected]). Talked to a nice woman there a few weeks ago and she was shocked when I told here that in the last 2 years I have not received 1 acknowledgement or response on any email I have sent through that POS website. And this is both compliments on staff as well as complaints (more compliments).

KDHawaii Aug 27, 2008 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Travels2mch (Post 10263398)
The # for the executive office is 877-369-6512 ([email protected]). Talked to a nice woman there a few weeks ago and she was shocked when I told here that in the last 2 years I have not received 1 acknowledgement or response on any email I have sent through that POS website. And this is both compliments on staff as well as complaints (more compliments).

Thanks so much for the number. I called them 5 minutes ago. They're very nice and helpful. They said they'd contact me next week because they need to do some investiagation in Paris, France where the incident occurred.

Thanks!

SDCA Aug 27, 2008 10:13 am

Originally Posted by KDHawaii (Post 10267781)
Thanks so much for the number. I called them 5 minutes ago. They're very nice and helpful. They said they'd contact me next week because they need to do some investiagation in Paris, France where the incident occurred.

Thanks!

And you still have not tell us what your complaint against USAirways was about.

We love to hear complaints on this board. :-)

KDHawaii Sep 3, 2008 11:43 am

Finally, I got an email from US Airways. Here is what they emailed me....( I deleted voucher codes). I think that's insulting. ugh!

I can't use voucher codes when booking online. how dumb is that?!?! ugh!

Dear Mr. Kelsey:

Thank you for contacting US Airways regarding your recent travel experience. We appreciate and welcome all inquiries, concerns, and compliments, as your feedback is important to us. We are sorry for the delayed response and appreciate your patience. We received your initial email to the Customer Relations department and have been investigating the security procedure in Paris as well as our records.

Our research has found that all passengers are questioned individually by International Consultants on Targeted Security (ICTS), the aviation security in the Charles De Gaulle Airport regardless of abilities. It is not a matter of being singled out as all passengers are subject to the same type of interrogation and screening procedure. No one is exempt. However, it is important to note the standard procedure for questioning someone with a hearing disability is to have an ICTS person communicate through sign language or written inquiry. A personal interpreter is not allowed, except if he is an ICTS personnel member. Otherwise, questions will be asked in writing. ICTS has to use every possible way to perform complete processing of every passenger to ensure security and safety onboard our aircrafts. When communication tools are not satisfactory - not only pertaining to those individuals with a disability but also with persons speaking languages or in a manner the ICTS personnel does not understand; then ICTS will refer the passenger to another level of screening which will include personal belongings and body search. These are normal steps, performed in every station under TSA Requirements. Per the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) 14 CFR Part 382.49 (a), “Qualified individuals with a disability shall undergo security screening in the same manner, and be subject to the same security requirements, as other passengers.” I do apologize if you felt targeted, but please be assured their method is routine without prejudice. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can email ICTS directly at [email protected].

Please accept my personal apology for any difficulties or inconvenience caused by the delay of your flight departing from Philadelphia. I realize you expected your flight to depart as scheduled; so did we. Any delay is costly, both financially and in customer satisfaction. It is not our intent to create difficulties for our customers and realize that flight delays are very frustrating for everyone involved. We work hard to avoid these situations; however, safety considerations must remain our number one priority.

To convey our apologies for the flight delay, we have authorized two Electronic Travel With Us Vouchers (E-TUV) in the amount of $75.00 as a gesture of goodwill. We hope you will allow US Airways another opportunity to regain your confidence. Your E-TUV is valid toward the purchase of travel on US Airways. Please be advised the E-TUV is not valid with Internet bookings. The E-TUV must be redeemed one year from the date of this email. In addition, please take a moment to read the terms and conditions listed below to receive the full benefit of this compensation. When you are ready to make your future travel arrangements, please call our Reservations Department at 800-428-4322 and provide the E-TUV code listed below.

Mr. Kelsey, we know that you have many choices when it comes to traveling, and we thank you for choosing US Airways.

Sincerely,

Carrie Ann Herrera

US Airways | Customer Relations Executive Liaison