Community
Wiki Posts
Search

coffee will be a buck, with free refills

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by KD5MDK
This is just a revenue feeder for when the pay toilets are released.
Post of the day!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by flight62
I would imagine ice is free.
I hope you have a better imagination than Tempe.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:59 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by SS255
I hope you have a better imagination than Tempe.
True. They will probably sell it per cube.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Toilet will be free, but I guess they will charge you the water to flush it.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:16 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
This is part on and off topic but ice can actually be very expensive. Some contract stations charge by the bag and I know that YUL and I believe that CHS charge around $50 a bag and thats not an exageration. LGS (owned by Lufthansa) charges anywhere from $10 to $30 per bag... Wouldn't suprise me if they charged for the ice if it is ordered separate...
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:15 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
True. They will probably sell it per cube.
10 cents per cube, 3 for a quarter.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:10 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by cwe84
This is part on and off topic but ice can actually be very expensive. Some contract stations charge by the bag and I know that YUL and I believe that CHS charge around $50 a bag and thats not an exageration. LGS (owned by Lufthansa) charges anywhere from $10 to $30 per bag... Wouldn't suprise me if they charged for the ice if it is ordered separate...
Darn, there goes my idea to carry on a camping stove to melt the ice!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I would imagine ice is free.
Well yes but they are currently evaluating that as a new revenue stream in this unprecedented environment of high fuel prices.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
With prices so high for a bag of ice, will ice cubes be allowed through security? Will ice be priced at a price per bag divided by the number of people who purchase a drink?

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to better negotiate (get ice in another station)? $50.00 for a bag of ice....... I am in the wrong business.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Maybe they are gearing up for coin-operated lavs: Price the coffee at a "discount," offer free refills......and then when the pax bladders fill up, they will have no choice but to pony up in order to relieve themselves.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:51 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KD5MDK
This is just a revenue feeder for when the pay toilets are released.
Good one ...

Originally Posted by SS255
Maybe they are gearing up for coin-operated lavs: Price the coffee at a "discount," offer free refills......and then when the pax bladders fill up, they will have no choice but to pony up in order to relieve themselves.
Funnier the first time ...
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by JoeTravel
With prices so high for a bag of ice, will ice cubes be allowed through security? Will ice be priced at a price per bag divided by the number of people who purchase a drink?

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to better negotiate (get ice in another station)? $50.00 for a bag of ice....... I am in the wrong business.
It is hard to "Dead Head" Ice from another station for an entire turn. The cost of having the extra Ice on the plane out weighs the purchasing of it in another station. Yes negotiating a better price for ice would make alot of sense but some of the contracts for ice are tied to the ground ops contracts that run for as many as ten years...
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cwe84
Oy vey...talk about selling ice cubes to Eskimos..

Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: US UA AA DL CO
Why not just on-board ice-makers? I know the extra weight is a consideration, but who cares if they make money!
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
10 cents per cube, 3 for a quarter.
what about cubes which have depreciated significantly (i.e. started melting),

Will we get a discount (ice cube clearance sale!!! Upto 70% off on select Ice Cubes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.