Search

US Airways Club Day Pass and Guests

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
US Airways Club Day Pass and Guests

I have a day pass from my Bank of America US Airways credit card. It allows the cardholder and a guest. If I, Ms. DivMiler, and the littlest DivMiler (2.5 years old) present ourselves at a US Airways Club with the day pass, will we have a problem gaining entrance, since I have two guests? Or is there some threshold in age where one begins to count as a "guest"?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
US Airways Club® House Rules

Club members may be accompanied by immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two guests, provided that US Airways, in its sole discretion, determines that adequate space and conditions exist. However, you must remain with your guests at all times during the visit. No guests are permitted with a paid one-day visit or complimentary one-time admission.

However if your coupon allows you to admit one guest Club lady will not ask your underage son to wait outside
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:43 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iztok
However if your coupon allows you to admit one guest Club lady will not ask your underage son to wait outside
Well, the littlest DivMiler is my daughter, but I take your meaning . I don't know when I'd use it otherwise, so if I can't use it in Philadelphia it's not a big deal.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:49 pm

Go use it. Your family will be accepted.

I am a club member and will be traveling with my whole brand new family member later this year and I've explicitly asked one of the ladies at the Club about it and she said they will not let kids wait outside

I do apologize for missed gender. It wasn't obvious from original post.

For me things are different. I have a grown up daughter (turning 22 just after the trip) and soon a brand new one that will turn 17 just before the trip so I wanted to make sure whole family can get in. In my case it doesn't make any difference but we are all traveling Envoy this time (it will be first time flying for my new daughter).
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Duplicate -- whoops!

Last edited by DivMiler; Mar 31, 2008 at 7:12 pm
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by DivMiler
I have a day pass from my Bank of America US Airways credit card. It allows the cardholder and a guest. If I, Ms. DivMiler, and the littlest DivMiler (2.5 years old) present ourselves at a US Airways Club with the day pass, will we have a problem gaining entrance, since I have two guests? Or is there some threshold in age where one begins to count as a "guest"?
I have the same concern. I gave my BofA club pass to my brother to use next week when he, my sister-in-law, and their 5-month-old fly from LAX-PHL-AVP. The pass does not say that it is non-transferable, so I presume that he will be allowed to use it, and that they will not "count" the baby as a second "guest." I presume they will allow the baby into the Club as long as he is not crying. (She will take the baby outside if he starts to cry, of course.)

I'm not sure whether they will attempt to use the pass on the outbound or on the return (4/14), but I will try to remember to post the results here.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
2 People with 1 Club Pass?

Has anybody had success getting 2 people in with 1 US Air BofA Pass?
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by LarryG
Has anybody had success getting 2 people in with 1 US Air BofA Pass?
The BofA pass entitles you to bring in one guest.

My brother got his wife and his baby into the F Club at PHL, by the way. And they let him take the baby out for a while when he got fussy.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by SS255
The BofA pass entitles you to bring in one guest.

My brother got his wife and his baby into the F Club at PHL, by the way. And they let him take the baby out for a while when he got fussy.
Family with underage kids is one. But guest outside that... you only get to take one.

You can also split the $40 3 ways so you will get 3 ppl in for 1 pass + less then $14 per person.
Old May 5, 2013, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
This policy has changed and US Airways Club day pass no longer allows you to have guests.

Below are the T&C as of 5/5/2013 listed on the confirmation page ( you won't find this on US website, so read FT before you buy . . . ) :

• This day pass is valid at all US Airways club locations.
• Pass is valid for one person only and no additional guest privileges
allowed.
• Pass expires MM/DD/YYYY.
• Within 30 days of purchase a maximum of one day Pass can be applied
to an annual membership discount.
• Pass is good for 24 hours from time of redemption.
• Pass is non-refundable and not exchangeable.
• Must be at least 18 years old to enter US Airways club using an
individual day pass unless accompanied by an adult.
Old May 5, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by burlax
This policy has changed and US Airways Club day pass no longer allows you to have guests.
Is this just for the purchased ones? Or also the ones earned through Special Dividends, Credit Card Bonuses, etc.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:12 pm

Children in US Air club with complimentary pass

I have a complimentary pass to the US Airways Club from my BOA credit card which states that it permits me to take one guest. I plan to take my wife, but we will be travelling with 2 children, ages 3 and 6. Will they permit entry of the children, or will they want to count them as adult guests, meaning I exceed the 1 guest limit? Is it in any way subject to the disgression of the people at the front desk? Thank you.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I've never experienced this myself but my guess is they will not be allowed in. But if the children are young YMMV. It's worth a shot worst thing they could do is say no.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA Silver
I tried this today...using a US Air CC Day Pass with my wife and 3 young children (4, 2, 4 mos) and the old lady at the PHX B terminal Admirals Club told us anyone with a ticket counts as a guest. She claims they changed the rules (but couldn't show us where in writing or when exactly it was changed) since July when we visited the same club, but was labeled still as US Air Club and were allowed children to joins us. Tempting to take the wife in and leave the children in care of the old lady at the desk.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Right from the websites. One Day Pass is good for the purchaser plus up to (3) guests under 18. Important to note that the US Club and Admirals Club are now managed as a single entity under unified rules.

Looks like your wife should be left in the care of the lounge dragon (or pony up $50 for a day pass for her), but you can bring your kids in with you. However, retraining is in order for the lounge dragon on the rules.

Originally Posted by http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html
Terms & conditions: One Day Pass is good for one person over 18 and up to 3 guests under 18 will be allowed complimentary access.
Originally Posted by https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/admiralsClubArticles/oneDayPass_FAQs.jsp
Q: I have purchased a day pass for myself**. Can I bring guests?
A: No, guests are not permitted; however, up to 3 children under the age of 18 are admitted at no additional cost with an adult Day Pass visitor who holds the One-Day Pass.

Additional One-Day Passes may be purchased for $50* each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.