Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll for SP's: Any Upgrades This Year?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: US-CP; LQ-G
1/2 Last year. 0/2 this year. PHL-ORL

Next week's trip PHL-PHX-HNL-PHX-PIT-PHL MAY give me 1/5 (1/3?)on PIT-PHL leg. Considering using old DMs to upgrade on such a long trip.

Hoping results will be better on mid-Feb and late-Feb trips.

Last edited by erinys; Jan 24, 2009 at 7:08 am
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Okay, last update in this thread for me. I'm now Gold (and my first flight tomorrow will push me to Platinum) but I was still Silver at the upgrade window for tomorrow's segments, so that's the status that counted. (My current Gold may help at the gate, but not likely.)

So my upgrade percentage ended up at 81% (13/16) as Silver on eligible flights. Far better than I ever expected.

DFW->PHX ^ (+companion)
PHX->DFW ^ (+companion)
DFW->CLT ^
CLT->PBI ^
PBI->CLT ^
CLT->LAS ^ (With Dinner!)
LAS->SFO ^ (They were selling for $50 at the gate and left with 2/12 empty)
SFO->LAS ^
LAS->PHL (Bummer - Long Flight)
PHL-SFO ^
SFO->CLT (Bummer - Long Flight, but got a nice exit row seat)
CLT->PBI ^
PBI->CLT ^
CLT->DFW ^ (First was barely half full, including two nonrevs and two soldiers!)
DFW->PHX ^ (+companion)
PHX->SAN
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:28 pm

DFW-PHX - ^

PHX-ONT - CRJ900

ONT-PHX - ^

PHX-DFW - ^

All flights have been pretty full - maybe one or two seats in Y empty.

So far I am 3 for 3. I got silver on a trial last year when I noticed that CO has taken out the red eye from ONT to IAH and the last AA flight out of ONT leaves at 3 p.m. I was not looking for upgrades, just an exit row seat. I tried to use my LH status to get those seats, but no luck. So I guess I will be double *G with LH and US by the end of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.