Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll for SP's: Any Upgrades This Year?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I'm 0.5 for 3 flying with my wife. We were upgraded at the gate on a PHX-LAS segment, but then the couple that "missed" that leg showed up and I moved back to coach (after the pre-departure drinks) - they let my wife stay up front though.

But coach all the way on FLL-PHX and LAS-FLL.
Old May 3, 2008, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta, Korean Air, Emirates, ANA, & American
I've been lucky...

...I have managed to snare FC upgrades on all my flights this year. My typical run is DCA to TPA but I also had an upgrade on DCA to BOS.
Old May 3, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I have scored upgrades on all but two of my mainline flights this year. The two that I missed were flights that I was not originally scheduled on.. one was a reaccomodation when my AA flight got cancelled, and one was due to my later scheduled flight being cancelled. So, I guess I've been lucky, especially since I am based in PHL.
Old May 4, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
0 for 1

PHL-PIT A319 8:30 PM flight I didn't think that it would be that full with PIT being a focus city but I had no shot....For the record some folks were in paid F and it appeared it was their last leg of the trip from somewhere warm based on the tans they had

I have a few PHL-BUF flights coming up and am a little more hopeful about those
Old May 5, 2008, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm SP and have been upgraded on 5 of 18 segments thus far this year, but of those 18, only 12 were upgradeable, so I'm hitting at 41% (2 of them long haul cross country flights).

SUCCESSES:
CLT-MSY [February] + Companion
BOS-PHX [March]
PHX-PHL [March]
CLT-MSO [November]
MSO-CLT [November] + Companion

FAILURES:
BUF-CLT [January]
CLT-PHX [January]
PHX-CLT [January]
CLT-BUF [January]
BUF-CLT [February]
MSY-PHI [February]
BUF-CLT [November]

NON-UPGRADEABLE DUE TO NO 1st Class Cabin:
PHI-BUF [February]
BUF-BOS [March]
PHX-TUS [March]
TUS-PHX [March]
PHI-BUF [March]
CLT-BUF [November]

Last edited by Sabre1; Dec 4, 2008 at 7:18 am
Old May 6, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum,Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, United Gold IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond
1/1 this year (PIT-CLT) just achieved status 2 weeks ago. I did not receive the email stating that I was upgraded so I had to call. Does anyone know why this would happen? I should mention that I had this trip booked prior to being silver, so that is the only reason I could think of why I didn't get the email. I called the SP line and they stated that my e-mail address was on file.
Old May 6, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
Had a real nice ride in FC w/ a SP upgrade this morning on US#1216 TPA-PHL, A321. Called DM line at 5 am on the way to airport. Now 4 out of 12.
Old May 6, 2008, 10:15 pm

Programs: American Gold; SW A list; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Smile 1 for 1

Mr. Preguntas (silver) and his business companion (no status, not even FF), booked on same itinerary, got the upgrade CMH-PHX and PHX-LAX on 05/06. Both enjoyed the flight and the business companion (male) was "just amazed" to be in FC!
Old May 7, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: Back at the bottom
Update: 3/5
SFO-PHX, PHX-EWR, EWR-CLT

0/2 on CLT-SFO
Old May 7, 2008, 3:49 pm

I've gotten one sweet upgrade so far this year as an SP: PHX-DCA back in January. No idea why there was availability. I've also gotten SMF-LAS and SMF-PHX pretty regularly.

I'm hoping for BWI-CLT next week, but that will be tougher. I'm not too optimistic about the CLT-PHX segment I have though.
Old May 7, 2008, 10:15 pm

Just confirmed for the following segments:

MHT -> DCA
DCA -> RSW

With Companion. That puts me at 6/8, but the 2 segments where I didn't get U/G I was a last minute voluntary re-route from BOS -> PHL, so pretty understandable why I didn't get the U/G
Old May 8, 2008, 3:36 pm

Unhappy email problem

Hmmm I haven't even received the "sorry no upgrade was available" email for any of my 8 flights this week? I wonder what's going on?

I did go standby yesterday LAX to PHX and got upgraded at the gate.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum,Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, United Gold IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond
Seems I am getting very lucky:
I am 5/6 on silver upgrades this year. I sat in the back of the bus only once this year. LAS>PIT. I am getting spoiled

PIT>CLT A319
CLT>AUA 757
PIT>LAS A320
LAS>PIT A320
PIT>LAS A319
Old Jul 30, 2008, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, nobody everywhere else
I'm tool lazy to go look at my numbers for the year, but in the last month or so I'm 5 for 8 with upgrades as an SP (GP in a couple of weeks)

got
RDU-PHX
PHX-SLC
SLC-PHX
PHX-RDU
PHL-RDU

missed
RDU-PHL
RDU-PHX
PHX-SLC
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I think yesterday was my first non-RJ of the year. No upgrades on those two segments, but I did upgrade one of this Friday's two return flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.