Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll for SP's: Any Upgrades This Year?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: US*Silver
3 for 8

I got PVD-DCA-FLL and DCA-PVD back in January (for me and a companion!). Denied on GSO-CLT-SFO-CLT-GSO and FLL-DCA.

Oh, and the nice folks at UA gave me E+ on the 2 flights I've had with them this year They don't make a habit of it - but if you ask nicely..
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:29 pm

I'm 6 for 11. High success rate seems due to flying on primarily on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: US
1 for 1. PHL-ORD
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by CLTUSCAPTIVE
Are you a Silver?
yup, silver.

i just checked my boarding passes (have to keep them for work purposes). i have actually missed TWO, not ONE, both on the monday flight.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: US SLVR, AMEX PLAT
2 out of 6. Though one of them I called at the window for.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
As a GP (before Feb 29), 0 for 1 (FLL-PHL). As a SP, 0 for 0. I have taken a couple flights PHL-IAH, but since USX doesn't count with no F, oh well. Sayonara, US!
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:59 am

Thumbs up

4 for 4 ---WITH a companion

BOS-CLT (5 AM albeit) CLT-STT, STT-CLT (Got lucky because they switched to an Envoy Configured 757 instead of the 2 row domestic config), and CLT-BOS.

So far so good...although I am technically a silver "guest" and I know there has been some speculation that silver guests are given a higher upgrade percentage to get them "hooked"

Matthew Gulino
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:35 pm
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by CLTUSCAPTIVE
I am 0 for 12 on first class upgrades this year as a SP flying out of Charlotte. I did manage to get one TA upgrade for 30K miles, but haven't sniffed a complementary upgrade in the last 4 months. It seems to me the cutbacks in F seats have really started to hit SPs. Any of you SPs getting upgrades? Post your results here.......
My friend is an SP and is flying PHL-LAS-LAX today and LAX-PIT-PHL on Monday and got upgraded on all legs, even PHL-LAS in the 757. Crazy...
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Well I am Plat since mid February (13th or so), before I was Gold. I flew 14 flights and got upgraded on all of them so far. 4 scheduled this week and right now 3 are confirmed upgrades.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by iztok
Well I am Plat since mid February (13th or so), before I was Gold. I flew 14 flights and got upgraded on all of them so far. 4 scheduled this week and right now 3 are confirmed upgrades.
Gotta read the thread title again - "Poll for SP's: Any Upgrades This Year?" SP = Silver Preferred. Gold and Plat doesn't count.@:-)
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: Back at the bottom
2/3 so far (upcoming 5/1 SFO-PHX-EWR, both segments), the one I missed was CLT-SFO.

Have another CLT-SFO 5/5, no way I get that upgrade. The downsizing of A321 F cabins has killed SPs on this route, which I do several times a year.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:54 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
An update, a little out of date:

5 for 6.

PHX-SFO-PHX
PHX-MCO-PHX
ORD-PHX (Didn't get outbound. Went standby on early, very empty flight, F was full.)

Have PHX-PIT-PHX coming soon which isn't looking good at all. And not a chance on crummy CRJ for upcoming PHX-YEG-PHX trip unfortunately.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 5:00 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
I went 0-for-2 on CLT-LAS Mon night and the return on the redeye last night. Both flights filled to the gills with Kettles and they supposedly sold all 8 F seats.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
I went 0-for-2 on CLT-LAS Mon night and the return on the redeye last night. Both flights filled to the gills with Kettles and they supposedly sold all 8 F seats.
I guess I am happy I got upgraded on CLT-LAS today
Old Apr 30, 2008, 5:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, AmEx MR
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I'm 1 for 2 this year as an SP: TPA-PIT, which surprised me since I took the 5: 15 p.m. flight out on a Friday night. Even upgraded a companion on the flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.