Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed Flight Call

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: US/*A, Marriott, ICH, Budget, Avis
Delayed Flight Call

I just got an automated call advising me that my flight this evening is delayed 85 minutes! I cannot remember the last time they proactively did this. Has anyone else experienced this recently. Potential caveat -- I booked this through Amex concierge but the call did not indicate any affiliation with Amex. So, did Amex do this in the guise of US, does US do this for Amex Plat concierge customers, or has US rolled out a new service?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Hilton Gold
I got a call from a live person on Monday night letting me know that flight 258 from Phoenix to Philadelphia was delayed and scheduled to depart at 12:50am instead of 11:10pm. I got the call around 9:30 and my mouth just about hit the floor after getting the call. I have never had them call before and I was truely impressed. ^
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: USAir, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Avis, Hertz
Yeah, I received a call last week telling me that my flight was cancelled. Unfortunately, they didn't call until 15 minutes AFTER the original departure time.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 1:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarcPHL
I just got an automated call advising me that my flight this evening is delayed 85 minutes! I cannot remember the last time they proactively did this. Has anyone else experienced this recently. . .
Yes, I've been getting them for a few months now. ^

Each time was well in advance of the flight, so I had time to get on the phone with the CP desk to work through options before heading to the airport.

Now if they could just eliminate the need for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.