Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Chairman for $899?

-------- ----

Last edited by saccoNY; Feb 2, 2008 at 7:26 pm
Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
1. Buying up status/buying status from US is common.
2. I would say no, it is not worth the cost. But do you plan to fly the airline often?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:40 am

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
I got the same offer and I am considering it if not for the International Upgrades alone. I guess you get 4 of them. On the web site it says 2 for yourself and the other 2 for a companion but I assume you can use them yourself?

What fare basis do you have to have to use those certificates?

On a positive note: I flew US quite a bit lately (mostly because my UA flights out of SFO or OAK were delayed or cancelled...) and I enjoy connecting in PHX. All the flights I had so far were on time and all my upgrades cleared. Looks to me USAir is gettting there
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2.8 MM,UA-GS 1.3 MM,DL-PL,HH-DM,LH-SEN,Bonvoy-GL
Got the offer yesterday i would guess just for the intl u/g it is well worth it
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:24 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by lakid
Read the other threads on US Envoy and the requirments....

As my profile tagline suggests... good luck using those certs.....
BTW, US Y TA is like a prison ship.... even charging for headphones!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:36 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
As my profile tagline suggests... good luck using those certs.....
BTW, US Y TA is like a prison ship.... even charging for headphones!
It's a $1200 minimum r/t fare to use those certs. Oh, and it's 1 r/t per year - you cant use the companion certs separately for yourself from what I've been told.

But on the topic of US Y... what's worse? US Y on the prison ship with possibly functioning AVOD or LH Y on their prison ships with free booze and in flight internet for a fee (if it's still offered)? I say that's a toss up.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
It's a $1200 minimum r/t fare to use those certs. Oh, and it's 1 r/t per year - you cant use the companion certs separately for yourself from what I've been told.

But on the topic of US Y... what's worse? US Y on the prison ship with possibly functioning AVOD or LH Y on their prison ships with free booze and in flight internet for a fee (if it's still offered)? I say that's a toss up.
Out of BOS, I'll take LH... while the lounge isn't great, no PHL, direct to FRA or MUC and free booze. No internet, but the Ambien and a good seat choice helps. And if you call LH, you can get a good selection, even if my German is horrible.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL

Neither!!! UA E+!!! But I guess there isn't a whole lot of choice if you are originating in PHL.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by lakid
Well in that case I have a few upgrades for sale....I've also got this bridge I can throw in to sweeten the deal.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
How are you getting the offer? (email, regular mail, phone?)

I wonder if this could be an unreimbursed business expense? (Its tax time, so these are fresh in my mind and I am by no means an accountant).

You also get free club access with CP, so for the club access + the upgrades is seems reasonable.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:28 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by omegadeal
You also get free club access with CP, so for the club access + the upgrades is seems reasonable.
Sorry, you don't get free club access with CP until you hit 150k miles. Would be great if it was a base bennie, but it isn't...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.