Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Midterm Exam: WHO IS THE REAL PRINCE OF PAIN? Where are you with Requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold

After this weekend, will be Gold at the halfway point.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:10 pm

YTD: 52446 miles and 23 segments

I probably won't travel enough to make Plat, so I'll be test driving AA and DL (with newly matched Gold status) for my upcoming BOS-RDU runs. I've had great luck with upgrades this year (probably because all of you are leaving), but the quality of the product and operational issues are leading me to jump ship.

Not sure what I'll do about going home to PHL (probably just stick with US on that)
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA
45 segments, 27156 EQMs, average of 603 per segment.

At the end of the year, I'll probably have around 105 segments and saying "I got on one of your planes every single week this year and it wasn't enough to reach your highest tier."
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Super lame. I got put on a local project.

2007 Preferred miles 17,656
2007 Preferred segments 28
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I quit flying US in March...

EQM: 44,441
EQS: 26

Since I got in on the great UA AKL C Fare *Sale* I may or may not try to requalify for CP again.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
615XX miles and 43 segments.

And I haven't stepped foot on US metal since April. "Trying to cut down."
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:47 pm

Programs: US: CP; Marriott: Plat
2007 Seg - 70
2007 Miles - 46618

PIT-PHL-BOS-PIT - rinse, repeat.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:03 pm

Local projects mostly this year, plus I have found myself splitting b/t carriers on Skyteam and accruing to DL (but rarely flying DL). 7264 miles on 14 segments--average of 519/segment on my way back to repeating Silver.

My new theory is that it's better to be Silver on two alliances than Gold on one. Many holes can be poked through said theory, but I'm sticking with it for now.

As a funny aside, for two of my last three encounters with the US upgrade process:

Ms. goheelswks was upgraded at the gate three flights ago as my companion. I wasn't. (Was happy that one of us got it, and let's face it--she would have gotten the seat either way).

Called today to try and get my first segment on Friday upgraded, as the automated process didn't work and I was seeing P2 on AMEX availability finder. Called--no luck. Added the FF# to the itinerary of my companion (she had forgotten to do so, and is Silver as well.) She just got an email letting her know that she was upgraded. Now AMEX avail is telling me the flight is at P0 and I will be doing the gate dance unless something happens in the next few hours.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold
30900 EQM, 27 segm on US, on way to Gold with planned/scheduled flights. Not likely that I (or Mrs P with slightly higher EQM) will reach Plat this year; spending some cash on other carriers, mostly CO.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
25389 miles and 29 segments so far with three TA and 4 TC trips between now and October (plus several to BOS, LGA, and DCA). With expected 10k preferred miles bonuses from the US Visa and MC that will probably qualify me for PP by the end of the year. If I weren't in ROC with frequent trips to DCA and LGA, I would definitely move to UA or possibly CO. As it is, I am thinking of crediting all of my remaining flights to UA to obtain mid-level status.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
So far this year: 38662 miles and 17 segments. I'll definitely make Gold, but I'll have to work to stay Platinum.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
On US:

0 EQM
0 Segments

Down from 55 segments on US last year.

CO has been delightful. I will be middle tier there by the end of next month.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
On US....
27,325 EQM
19 Segments (BOS-BUF on a CRJ is killing me.. may just go JetBlue)

I have one BOS-SFO planned on US... and a few international and TransCon's planned... but not decided if it'll be US or someone else. I am status matching my Gold wife hopefully to UN, so we can E+ to Europe and be done... otherwise it'll be LH or Swiss.. With the trips lanned, 10K for the Mastercard, I'm guaranteed *G, but not sure if I'll try CN a few times..

My CP certs are useless, so why struggle to be CP. Since United offers 100% miles at their *Gold level, I may comp over as well and achieve Silver or something elsewhere...
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
US- 15 segments, 76XX miles (9 more booked...to use up vouchers!)

CO/NW- 83 segments, 788XX miles

DL-1 segment, 6XX miles
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: US SP
21k on 15 segments. I doubt I'll make anything more than silver. Haven't been flying that much this year. Also trying to burn miles, vouchers, etc., when the price isn't great. Too much liability to have too many miles sitting around, especially with the "improvements" US likes to introduce these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.