Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any US FT folks going to the Freddies?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Any US FT folks going to the Freddies?

So my Mom asked me if I rather go to the the Freddies in April or to visit my US Airways friends in Tempe. For a prominent citizen and US Airways fan, like myself, I chose the obvious- travelling to Tempe, AZ to enjoy the nice- piping HOT weather and the meeting of course.

So I ask anyone here- is anyone going to support US Airways(or not) at the Freddies tommorow in DCA? US Airways by itself should receive an award for most nonstops to the Freddies- a great operation at DCA.

I voted for US Airways, of course, and for Marriott as my favorite programs. Anyone would like to share their pov's?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I know there are alot of people who are getting up for the Freddies...but I just don't get it. I understand why a company would want to win...but why would travelers want to go see the the awards announced live? I guess you could say the same thing about the Oscars/Tonys/Emmys/Grammys.

So, no, I won't be going.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
My wife and I will be at the Freddies this evening, courtesy of our daughter being away on a school trip and a last minute schedule change.

We look forward to seeing our Flyertalk friends there.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Enough, already!

Folks, again, I've deleted several posts from this thread because they are personally aimed at another member.

If your post has disappeared, that is why. Consider this a warning. You need to give some thought to whether these personal jabs are worth some time away from FT, because that's what will happen.

Please just focus on the topic at hand and not on making personal remarks to other members.

If you have any questions, please send me or one of the other US moderators a Private Message.

AZ
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by bitburgr
I understand why a company would want to win...but why would travelers want to go see the the awards announced live?
To socialize with other Flyertalkers. It's not like anybody's attending to see Dividend Miles with Best Frequent Flyer program.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, National Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AMTRAK
I was curious and they do have it webcast tonight at this URL:

http://www.freddieawards.com/webcast
Old Apr 26, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
US wins Freddie for Best Mileage Promo

Well, bust my buttons! US just won a Freddie for the "(Almost) Everything Counts" promo.

Maybe we should start lobbying for next year: "Earn Gold Status Without Flying Or Buying Flowers."
Old Apr 26, 2007, 6:41 pm

There was a display at European Res today about the Freddies. Most people had never heard of them. We seem to have p***ed of so many FFers the last quarter, I wonder if we're in with a chance, even for the consolation prize...
Old Apr 27, 2007, 9:15 am

US did not make the Top 5 for Best Customer Service.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
A Note from the Freddies

I was at the Freddies, and it was sad to note that when Dividend Miles was mentioned for a 5th place finish in one category (first time it was mentioned), The crowd in the back of the room actually booed.

That said, it was a fun evening although we got there late, and I had a great time visiting with Randy and other FT'ers there.

Thanks Randy--
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL (Medallion), AA, WN, Scareways, HH, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by SS255
US did not make the Top 5 for Best Customer Service.
Please tell me you aren't surprised..........
Old Apr 27, 2007, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Travels2mch
Please tell me you aren't surprised..........
Nope. I should have qualified my post with a " "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.