Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/t award ticket: cancel return flight and get miles?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
R/t award ticket: cancel return flight and get miles?

I need a 1-way award ticket this weekend but understand that 1-way award tickets cost the r/t rate. Can I book a r/t award ticket and then cancel the return flight after I take the outbound flight and get the miles for 1/2 of the award ticket back? Or could I cancel the return flight and have it re-issued in someone else's name after I've taken the outbound flight?

Complicated, but I'm planning a group trip this weekend; most people are driving and if I could take the outbound trip and let somebody else use the return, or better yet, just cancel the return, it'd be great.

Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
No, once you use any portion of the award, the name can not be changed and miles will not be returned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.