Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Mileage on Award Travel?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver
Earning Mileage on Award Travel?

I just checked my DM account, and I was just credited with miles for a flight I took about a month ago that was a DM Award Trip. I didn't think you could earn miles on flights purchased with miles, but perhaps I am wrong...

If it makes any difference, I did fly first class...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
You were lucky. Your class of service probably was changed somewhere, which caused you to get the miles. Just enjoy the mistake!
Old Apr 9, 2007, 1:37 pm

Speaking of COS, does anyone know how to lookup what fare class your ticket is booked in (besides calling reservations)? The only place I've seen it is on the "Purchase Reservation" page or after it posts to your DM account.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, AmEx MR
Thumbs up

That happened to me once on an upgrade that should have been on O fare - I was voluntarily bumped but promised first, so somehow my fare class changed as if I had a paid F ticket all along.

The plus for me was that I got the F class-of-service bonus in my DM account!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.