Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Xfer and companion upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2007, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL UA
LAX Xfer and companion upgrades

Ok- 2 questions. I am going from CLT to BNE, transfering in LAX. We have about 1 hour 45 minutes for the transfer. How do I get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2? Do we have to redo security? I am a little concerned because US just told me that since we technically have separate US/ AZ tickets ( it was $2500 cheaper each) that they won't be responsible if US is late and we miss the Air New Zealand flight. So, any tips on getting from 1 to 2 quickly?
Also, I was just told that to upgrade my companion on the CLT- LAX flight I now have to call 7 days out. Evidently they can no longer link the itineraries. Is this a new " feature"? The CP agent told me to wait and see if I get upgraded and then call and see if there is a seat for the BF. This does not seem very efficient to me. Have the rest of you heard this?

thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I'm no expert, but I'll do my best here...

1. You will need to re-clear security at LAX. Others can chime in here, but I believe there's a shuttle bus between terminals, or Term 1 to Term 2 may be walkable.

2. US is correct--since they're separate tickets, NZ technically doesn't have to do anything if you miss their flight due to a late US flight. In a lot of cases, the airlines do try to help when this occurs, but you can't bank on it.

3. Needing to call for companion upgrade is a new "feature" that came when SHARES took over. Yuk.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
T-2 is a short walk from T-1. You shouldn't have a problem walking to T-2 and re-clearing security if your flight from CLT is on time, or slightly delayed. I presume you will be able to check your bags all the way through? If not, I would definitely be worried about retrieving your bags at T-1, and then checking them in again at T-2. LAX baggage delivery is not as bad as PHL, but it ranges from 10 minutes or so to over 30 minutes. Just be grateful you're not originating in PHL! I suggest calling AZ if you get delayed at CLT.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.