Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Post US Airways Showers the Northeast With an April Fare Sale

US Airways Showers the Northeast With an April Fare Sale

Airline's Fare Sale Results in Reductions Up to 65 Percent in 82 Markets
To/From Pittsburgh, Boston Logan and New York LaGuardia

TEMPE, Ariz., April 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) brings a fare sale to 82 markets to and from Pittsburgh International Airport, Boston Logan International Airport and New York's LaGuardia Airport. Customers will see fares as low as $39 each way (based on roundtrip travel) when they book travel by May 4 and complete travel by July 11, 2007. Popular destinations such as Toronto and Baltimore see reductions of 65 and 50 percent respectively.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050223/LAW097LOGO )

Travelers to and from Pittsburgh will enjoy fares as low as $39 to and from Baltimore, and fares as low as $49 to nine markets including Toronto and Chicago O'Hare. Other markets with $99 fares are Phoenix, Denver and six Florida destinations.

Customers in the Boston area will enjoy $39 fares to Buffalo, and several markets have fares under $100. Vacationers to and from Boston can also take advantage of low fares from Phoenix and Las Vegas at $109 and $129 respectively.

Twenty-seven markets to and from New York's LaGuardia Airport see fares reduced up to 52 percent. US Airways customers can take advantage of $60 fares to and from Washington D.C. as well as great vacation destinations like Myrtle Beach, S.C. or Phoenix for $69 and $99 respectively.

Fares are available immediately and can be booked at www.usairways.com, by calling 800-428-4322 or through a travel agent.

"This fare sale is yet another way to pair consumer-friendly pricing with the scope and amenities of a coast to coast airline," said Tom Trenga, vice president, revenue management for US Airways. "The fare reductions US Airways set in place last year continue to receive overwhelmingly positive customer response, all while generating positive revenue stream for the airline."

Below is the list of 74 markets seeing fare reductions. The sample fare below is based on a one-way purchase. A round trip purchase is required.

Pittsburgh to/from:
Fares are shown as one-way. Roundtrip purchase is required.

Albany, N.Y. $74
Baltimore $39
Boston $74
Buffalo, N.Y. $49
Charlotte, N.C. $74
Chicago $49
Columbus, Ohio $49
Denver $99
Erie, Pa. $49
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. $99
Fort Myers, Fla. $99
Harrisburg, Pa. $49
Hartford, Conn. $74
Indianapolis $64
Las Vegas $179
Los Angeles $173
Louisville, Ky. $74
Miami $99
Nashville, Tenn. $74
New York LaGuardia $64
Newark, N.J. $64
Norfolk, Va. $74
Orlando $99
Philadelphia $39
Phoenix $99
Providence, R.I. $74
Raleigh/Durham, N.C. $74
Richmond, Va. $74
Rochester, N.Y. $49
San Francisco $174
Scranton, Pa. $49
St. Louis $164
Syracuse, N.Y. $64
Tampa, Fla. $99
Toronto $49
Washington, D.C. $79
West Palm Beach, Fla. $99
Morgantown, W.V.+ $75
Johnstown, Pa.+ $80
Clarksburg, W.V.+ $75
Altoona, Pa.+ $80
Parkersburg, W.V.+ $75
Bradford, Pa.+ $75
Jamestown, N.Y.+ $75
Charleston, W.V.+ $100

+ travel must be completed by June 13, 2007

New York LaGuardia to/from:

Baltimore $49
Boston $60
Buffalo, N.Y. $54
Burlington, Vt. $54
Charleston, S.C. $99
Charlotte, N.C. $99
Columbus, Ohio $54
Dayton, Ohio $74
Greensboro, N.C. $89
Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C. $99
Indianapolis $99
Las Vegas $109
Lewisburg, W.V. $124
Louisville, Ky. $99
Manchester, N.H. $49
Myrtle Beach, N.C. $79
Norfolk, Va. $69
Philadelphia, Pa. $49
Phoenix $99
Pittsburgh $64
Portland, Maine $54
Raleigh/Durham, N.C. $89
Richmond, Va. $64
Roanoke, Va. $74
Rochester, N.Y. $54
Syracuse, N.Y. $54
Washington, D.C. $60
Wilmington, N.C. $89

Boston to/from:

Buffalo, N.Y. $39
Charlotte, N.C. $109
Harrisburg, Pa. $99
Indianapolis $99
Las Vegas $129
Philadelphia $69
Phoenix $109
Pittsburgh $74
Richmond, Va. $74
Rochester, N.Y. $104
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Can you say JET BLUE?!?!?
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:28 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
And southwest. That's why the PIT-BWI, PIT-ORD, PIT-PHX, PIT-MCO, PIT-FLL fares are what they are.

The Boston and New York are B6 related.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Thanks for posting! I had just booked a ROA-LGA RT for June and now I am getting a big $14 Guaranteed Airfare Refund voucher because of the sale! Woo hoo!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Of course PHL is left out of this sale.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by photog72
No shock there of course.

WN is the #2 carrier out of PHL these days, what incentive do they have to lower fares?

One thing I found interesting, it's about the same price to fly PHL-LGA R/T than to take the train from Penn Station in Manhattan.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by photog72
And the trip destinations from PIT, LGA, BOS, etc. never list TRI. We never get a sale!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by civicmon
One thing I found interesting, it's about the same price to fly PHL-LGA R/T than to take the train from Penn Station in Manhattan.

Good find! But why on earth would anyone take that flight when they can take Amtrak instead?
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Good find! But why on earth would anyone take that flight when they can take Amtrak instead?
Not counting security and the endemic ATC delays, it's a bit faster.

Plus, if you live in Long Island, getting to Penn Sta. can take a bit longer. Same to 30th st. vs PHL. I live in South Delco very close to the DE state line and lets say PHL is easier for me to get too.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by civicmon
Not counting security and the endemic ATC delays, it's a bit faster.

Plus, if you live in Long Island, getting to Penn Sta. can take a bit longer. Same to 30th st. vs PHL. I live in South Delco very close to the DE state line and lets say PHL is easier for me to get too.

My apologies. I grew up in Brooklyn and now live in Center City Philly, so my thinking tends to be a bit too urban-centric sometimes!

Nice thing about Amtrak is that you can show up at the station 5 minutes before the train leaves, be in NY or Philly in just over an hour, and be on your way. If you need to continue to Long Island, the trains are right there at NYC's Penn Station.

In your case, since you are closer to PHL than Center City, flying to LGA still could work.

But according to your listed "Programs", it looks like you drive to NYC anyway. (As do I, almost always.)
Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:41 pm

Some of the examples that are not B6-related are the same as the previous fares: BOS-ROC has been at $104++ one-way for at least a week now.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Now if they would only include ISP in these sales...:-)
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:53 pm

PIT-YYZ $49, the fees and taxes are more than that.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by CorSter
PIT-YYZ $49, the fees and taxes are more than that.
That's Canada for you. But also improtant to note that this is definately not a JetBlue route.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tommyleo
My apologies. I grew up in Brooklyn and now live in Center City Philly, so my thinking tends to be a bit too urban-centric sometimes!

Nice thing about Amtrak is that you can show up at the station 5 minutes before the train leaves, be in NY or Philly in just over an hour, and be on your way. If you need to continue to Long Island, the trains are right there at NYC's Penn Station.

In your case, since you are closer to PHL than Center City, flying to LGA still could work.

But according to your listed "Programs", it looks like you drive to NYC anyway. (As do I, almost always.)
Yeah I mean, the walk-up fare on Amtrak to NYC or PHL is usually just $45. It makes sense if you know you need to be in PHL/NYC on a set date vs just a random weekend spur of the moment decision.

And yes, I do drive... I love the NJ turnpike I usually take 295 -> 195 to save $3 since I hate paying anything more than I have to in order to drive on the NJ profit machine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.