Wiki Posts
Search

New Auto-Upgrade System and Multiple Segments

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
New Auto-Upgrade System and Multiple Segments

This hasn't been a problem for me until recently, but lately it seems the new auto upgrade system (which I actually like) isn't automatically looking for upgrades on the second leg of my multi segment itineraries. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm golden on the outbound, but the connecting flight to the destination city isn't registering.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have been on 2 multi segment trips since the change and both of my upgrade emails have shown the status for both the first and connecting flights (with a confirmed upgrade on the connecting flight).
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
On my first flight post-migration, LGA-DCA-MSY, at the 7day window I was automatically upgraded on the second leg only. When I called the CP desk to select seats, the agent offered to check and sure enough there was upgrade availability on the LGA-DCA flight too. So, in my case, seems like the system ignored the first leg of the itinerary.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by shell nyc
On my first flight post-migration, LGA-DCA-MSY, at the 7day window I was automatically upgraded on the second leg only. When I called the CP desk to select seats, the agent offered to check and sure enough there was upgrade availability on the LGA-DCA flight too. So, in my case, seems like the system ignored the first leg of the itinerary.
LGA-DCA flight is a shuttle flight though

From what I am aware of Upgrades should have been processed but no seat assignment.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
If you reservations were perhaps make pre-migration, your reservation might be what they call "out of sync" and you should make sure they are "in sync" by contacting an online or telephone agent.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
My trip this weekend consisted of 1 mainline and 1 express then coming back 1 express and 1 mainline. Express flights were never mentioned in the email (no F obviously) but both the originating segment cleared and then the connection segment cleared for the return without any action on my part. I made the rez in January.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:31 pm

As an old US res agent, I was worried about this new 'auto-upgrade' system. However, the feedback I have received from frequent flyers is very positive. It'e certainly much less hassle than calling at the window for your status to be put on the list.

I liked shares at first, then gradually grew to hate it, as I realised its many shortcomings compared to Sabre.. I'm still not keen, but the auto upgrade is one of the areas where it seems to perform extremely well.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Originally Posted by me4yankees
If you reservations were perhaps make pre-migration, your reservation might be what they call "out of sync" and you should make sure they are "in sync" by contacting an online or telephone agent.

The reservations in question were all made post-migration.
I guess I will just call tomorrow and inquire, like I did last time.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by usa18dca
LGA-DCA flight is a shuttle flight though

From what I am aware of Upgrades should have been processed but no seat assignment.
Exactly. The agent noticed there was an upgrade available, which was great. She tried getting me a seat assignment and was upset that it was "under airport control" already...I was like "but it's a shuttle flight...." Oh, yeah...doh!
The angels really do try... ^
Old Apr 2, 2007, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by shell nyc
Exactly. The agent noticed there was an upgrade available, which was great. She tried getting me a seat assignment and was upset that it was "under airport control" already...I was like "but it's a shuttle flight...." Oh, yeah...doh!
The angels really do try... ^
Gotta love the angels that still hang around at INT...Bless their hearts!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:05 am

I have a trip tomorrow, PIT-PHX-LAX. I got an e-mail on Friday just showing the second segment and the upgrade was not confirmed. I've been watching the flights and knew the PIT-PHX was booked solid, the best seat I could get was 11B (exit row). When I checked last night, it showed PHX-LAX full in first, so I figured I had no chance. This morning I got an e-mail showing PIT-PHX upgrade not available, PHX-LAX, confirmed!

Another thing that seems to be working is the seat change under "my trip" (I booked through my corporate travel, not the website). Coming home, I'm flying LAX-CLT-PIT. I've been watching the seat charts, last night I was able to move from a window to an aisle on the LAX-CLT leg. I'm really hoping for an upgrade on that one, it's a A321 with the old configuration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.