Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preffered Checkin lines at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Preffered Checkin lines at PHL

I have recently got the US air - BoA signature card. IT says i have access to preffered check-in. Arey they special lines marked for preffered users at Philly (esp terminal B)? THanks for your replies.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:31 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
You can not use the specially marked "preferred checkin" lines at B.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:34 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Yes, there are

But having said that I would say preferred checkin is On-Line. Those lines are nearer the 'B" side than the "C" side. They have two lines one for a agent and another for Kiosk. If you need to check bags it may be faster to use a skycap outside. I do try to avoid these lines whenever possible since they seem to be light on staffing.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swanscn
But having said that I would say preferred checkin is On-Line. Those lines are nearer the 'B" side than the "C" side. They have two lines one for a agent and another for Kiosk. If you need to check bags it may be faster to use a skycap outside. I do try to avoid these lines whenever possible since they seem to be light on staffing.
Thanks for your replies. As you said staffing was verry weak. My flight was cancelled and *had* to use an agent anyway there were so few people that I did not bother looking for those line. I did not have any thing to check in either. So every thing went well and am on the flight so thanks again!
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
A few questions for USair newby

1. If I print my boarding pass at home, can I use the kiosk to check my bag?

2. Is the "preferred" line or whatever they call it limited to elites or can a nobody like me use it if I am travelling in F?

3. Do they sell day passes to the lounge in PHL?

4. Any other suggestions for the PHL airport? I've heard it's a zoo. (Dinner reccommendations welcomed also)

Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
1. Yes, you can check bags and reprint BPs at functional kiosks.
2. I am not sure which lines you are talking about, but there are designated agents that are for First Class, US Airways Preferred, and Star Alliance Gold.
3. You can buy US Airways Club day passes.
4. I will defer to those that fly PHL more frequently.

Link to the PHL airport: http://www.phl.org
Link to terminal map: http://www.phl.org/flashterminalmap.html
Food and Shops: http://www.philamarketplace.com/
Here you can get info about places to eat, shop, check-in, gates, etc.

Last edited by me4yankees; Apr 9, 2007 at 4:19 pm Reason: Links
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Thanks!
I take it that your use of the term "functional kiosks" would indicate that some are non-functional?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Marylou
Thanks!
I take it that your use of the term "functional kiosks" would indicate that some are non-functional?
I am not sure of the status, but US went through a change to a different reservations system about a month ago, and many at the East hubs and airports (PHL, CLT, etc.) did not work for a while. But I would think by now, most would be working!
Old Apr 9, 2007, 7:42 pm

4. Any other suggestions for the PHL airport? I've heard it's a zoo. (Dinner reccommendations welcomed also)

Thanks.
There are really no *special* places to eat in PHL. But, if you don't mind going through security again you can walk across the street to the Marriott and eat there.

Bobette
Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:06 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis CHM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
1. If I print my boarding pass at home, can I use the kiosk to check my bag?

2. Is the "preferred" line or whatever they call it limited to elites or can a nobody like me use it if I am travelling in F?

3. Do they sell day passes to the lounge in PHL?

Thanks.
1. Yes you can, but really what's the point of checking in at home when you'll have to check a bag anyway? No real time savings here.

2. The preferred lines are both for elites and first class passengers too. The preferred check in is toward the west end of the B/C terminal (closer to the B-side). Also, there is a preferred/FC security line too.

3. Yes you can.

4. It can be a zoo at certain times, mainly Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. Unfortunately I know of no great restaurants at PHL, but I guess i'd say that Sky Asian Bistro in C is my favorite. A complete listing is here: http://www.philamarketplace.com/go/d...Cat=2138209151

Last edited by Greg P.; Apr 9, 2007 at 10:12 pm
Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis CHM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I am not sure of the status, but US went through a change to a different reservations system about a month ago, and many at the East hubs and airports (PHL, CLT, etc.) did not work for a while. But I would think by now, most would be working!
Most of the kiosks seem to be working, but I'd guess that maybe 10-20% still seem to be down. The ones that do work also seem to be a little erratic at times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.