Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways hubs before merger?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I loved PIT because of its wonderful Airmall and other benefits--I did not mind a layover there, because I had things I could do.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by derodnight
It really is a shame about PIT (IMHO one of the nicer airports). I started flying US back in 2000 and it was mostly because I was living there at the time. Considering what a disaster PHL can be I would argue that US should have built up PIT and dropped PHL.
Certainly agree based on airports, but even with the problems at PHL, the difference in O/D market size is probably too great to ignore. (PHL metro area = 6.1 million in 2000; PIT metro area = 2.4 million)
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by DWilliamson5002
I was reading a little about is else where I believe that they or 3 or 4. US was one of the few that carried over a million people last year out of BWI. They didnt break it down but for the top 2 airlines.

AirTrain was 2 with 2.1 Million
Southwest was 1 with 10.7 million

Thanks to JetBlue and Airtran I have been able to start flying out of RIC instead of making the 2.5 hour journey to BWI. The arrival of those two in RIC has made it the #1 airline in RIC. Amazing that two low fare carriers make another legacy airline better or cheaper if you like. Delta use to be #1 at RIC for years but they arent as price competitive as US has been here.
They're not even in the top 5 at BWI anymore.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by murphy
They're not even in the top 5 at BWI anymore.
Man then they must be right on Delta's heels! Looking at the Destination Chart CLT is up there in travel and ATL had to have a majority of Airtran travel if they are #2. This doesnt say it all but I would say that it is true.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:33 am

Programs: None
You have to watch one thing with the BTS info - they show everything by certificated carrier so US and HP are still considered separate airlines (as are each of the Express carriers).

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.