Advice Needed -- Need activity in my account by 2/2

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:09 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Advice Needed -- Need activity in my account by 2/2

or I will lose a substantial balance since there's been no activity in my account since August 2005. Any ideas how what I can do between now and next Friday so I don't lose what's in there and ensure that the miles post? I'd prefer not to have to fly next week if I can avoid it, but would do a LAS or PHX quick turn if it's the only way.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
How about a hotel stay or car rental which will credit to US? Or even a Dividend Miles Dining or Mall credit. It should be very easy to get miles. Send your wife/girlfriend flowers thru FTD....
Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:32 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
http://www.skymall.com/usairwaysmilesmall/homepage.htm

Go to itunes. Buy one song. It's $1-2. They might not post before then, but you will accrue them--which should work.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 7:48 am
MFM

sign up at e-miles.com you'll get your miles in less than a week - it won't cost you anything - make up a new email address at hotmail if you don't want the emails from e-miles
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
A good thought but not exactly correct

Originally Posted by MFM
sign up at e-miles.com you'll get your miles in less than a week - it won't cost you anything - make up a new email address at hotmail if you don't want the emails from e-miles
This was a good thought but....

Be careful, this is not correct according to the E-miles T&C's. E-miles post to your DM account quarterly and only in increments of 500. So if you dont have 500 miles earned nothning will post. And who knows what they consider to be quarterly (Fiscal year or Calendar year?)
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:01 pm
MFM

My mistake - I meant to say points.com - you get 25 miles for signing up they post in less than a week
Old Jan 28, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Just wondering... if you've had no points activity in 2 years, do those points really matter? It might be more of a pain to try to preserve them than it is to just let them go. I'm assuming they're not enough for an award ticket or you would have redeemed that by now. Are they really, really worth keeping, or are you just doing it because of the panic from "expiring miles" feeling?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Link to Options for Earning Miles

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...s/default.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.