Wiki Posts
Search

Guns Pulled at CDG at US Air counter?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
Guns Pulled at CDG at US Air counter?

I was watching the late news last night and a story about a 2-day delayed USAir flight from CDG-PHL was on the news. I was in the other room, but heard some details.

Sounded like due to equipment problems the Friday flight to PHL was cancelled - same thing occurred for the Saturday flight. I guess some customers were very unhappy and security had to be called to the USAir gate. An interview with a passenger claims that guns were pulled on the unruly customers - but no criminal charges were given out.

I tried to find a news source that documents this, but haven't pulled anything up. Was anyone in this forum at CDG and know anything more???
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:12 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by mlatuchie
I was watching the late news last night and a story about a 2-day delayed USAir flight from CDG-PHL was on the news. I was in the other room, but heard some details.

Sounded like due to equipment problems the Friday flight to PHL was cancelled - same thing occurred for the Saturday flight. I guess some customers were very unhappy and security had to be called to the USAir gate. An interview with a passenger claims that guns were pulled on the unruly customers - but no criminal charges were given out.

I tried to find a news source that documents this, but haven't pulled anything up. Was anyone in this forum at CDG and know anything more???
Wow.... its normally chaos when nothing is wrong from my two experiences at CDG on US. I can't possibly imagine what a two day delay in CDG would do with two (semi-full) 330's...

Last edited by Alphaguy; Nov 13, 2006 at 2:24 pm
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
You must be in an alternate dimension.

Those flights operated normally, no cancellations. Are you sure it was CDG?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
Originally Posted by flyingcat

I was almost positive. As I mentioned in the original post, i was not in the room with the TV, so it may have been something different. Coulda sworn though.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I was almost positive. As I mentioned in the original post, i was not in the room with the TV, so it may have been something different. Coulda sworn though.
Are you sure it wasn't that they pulled out some french bread rolls and were pummeling the customer? Shoved some Limburger under his nose?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Are you sure it wasn't that they pulled out some french bread rolls and were pummeling the customer? Shoved some Limburger under his nose?
Limberger (or Limburger) is a German cheese. So unless it was FRA, that probably didn't happen. Although I've eaten (and smelled) some right stinky cheeses from the Perigord area.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyingcat

I beg to differ! The Friday flight was cancelled, and a replacement arranged for the next day. Another CDG-PHL was cancelled on Saturday. There were hundreds of disgruntled (understandably) pax at CDG on Saturday, and the checkin staff began to refuse to deal with passengers due to obscene remarks/threats of violence. The pax were terribly inconvenienced, but such threats are beyond excuse. The US Airways staff closed the desk and called the police. Checkin then reopened and things resumed to normal. Not heard any nonsense about guns, though!
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by warbo
I beg to differ! The Friday flight was cancelled, and a replacement arranged for the next day. Another CDG-PHL was cancelled on Saturday. There were hundreds of disgruntled (understandably) pax at CDG on Saturday, and the checkin staff began to refuse to deal with passengers due to obscene remarks/threats of violence. The pax were terribly inconvenienced, but such threats are beyond excuse. The US Airways staff closed the desk and called the police. Checkin then reopened and things resumed to normal. Not heard any nonsense about guns, though!
I have to say that my two relatively recent experiences at CDG were fine, but two flights cancelled in two days?!?! That is really unacceptable. Did US try to accommodate pax on other airlines? There are probably dozens of non-stop or one-stop options from CDG to PHL (or other destinations) on other airlines, in addition to the daily flight to PHL on Air France. Or were pax just left to sleep at the airport or in the CDG Sheraton at $300/night at their own cost?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
I was watching the late news last night and a story about a 2-day delayed USAir flight from CDG-PHL was on the news.
Which station had the story?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Plat, NW Silver, US CP
The only time the French pull out their guns is to hand them to the conquering troops

It's the main reason Paris has so many side walk cafes! The Conquering troops need a place to rest.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 5:53 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by Chairman_John
The only time the French pull out their guns is to hand them to the conquering troops
And it's not a World War until the French surrender.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.