Search

Keeping track of equip. refurb/integration

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-US GP
Keeping track of equip. refurb/integration

Hey gang,
There's a similar thread running on Air Canada's board & I thought it might be useful to us to start the same thing, since a lot of the aircraft are still undergoing paintjobs & small interior modifications and shifts in F on the 319 and 320. Hopefully some folks here can link some threads that previously discussed this here and make this a consolidated source. Also, I was wondering if anyone had updated info on whether and when they'll bring Envoy to or "refurb" F on the 757's, refurb the 767's (which badly need it, at least in F), and changes to the size of F on the 330 and 321.
Kendall

Last edited by Kendall; Oct 20, 2006 at 11:37 am
Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
319 - refurbishments to add more Y are over half done
320 - Will begin very soon
321 - F reduction and Y expansion will not begin until after the new year
330 - Only one 330 will be done by Christmas
767 - Envoy refurbishment will not happen until next winter as the lead time for the seats is over a year
757 - More 757s are to be ETOPS. I have not heard about the Envoy cabin update in a while. Last I heard that was suppossed to be done this winter and utilize the seats coming off the 330s. Unlike the other programs this will be a more involved program with extra flight equipment being added and winglets.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:21 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
According to the conference call, the 767 interior upgrades will be completed this winter, less the new Envoy seats. The new seats will then be installed next fall.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-US GP
*Bump*
Old Feb 3, 2007, 9:36 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
330 refurbs are underway in tracks of 2 at a time. 2 are definitely done and possibly the next 2 also. The goal is to be done in March sometime.

Rows 6 and 7 of Envoy being removed while 39 more Y seats get added in that space and throughout the coach cabin (read: the generous 34" Y pitch is being reduced). Old conifg: 6F/36J/224Y. New config: 6F/24J/263Y.

The 757 ETOPS(transatlantic equipment) will get the Envoy seats coming out of the A330s. This is all on a timeline to be done in time for the seasonal Euro services that crank up in May, so we can assume the 757s and A330s will be complete, and the 767 coach refurub will be done by then as well, with the new lie-flat Envoy seats (767) going in at the end of 2007.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
How many first/envoy seats will the 757's have when completed? 767's?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 6:43 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by dingo
How many first/envoy seats will the 757's have when completed? 767's?
757 - 3 rows/12 seats
767 - 4 row/24 seats, although some on usaviation.com have suggested this may get reduced to 3 rows since the pitch is increasing by 5" for each seat and they might have to incringe on Y seating. I'm pretty sure the US press release a few months back said they would be 4 rows/24 seats of the new "lie flat" seats, even though they've been known to change their mind on these sorts of things in the past (like the E170 that was to have some F seats when initially announcd).
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:47 am

Does anyone know how many of the 767s have been refurbished? I'm going to Munich towards the end of next week on a roach fare. The refurbished 767 I took to London last month certainly was nice, clean and comfortable.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Alysia
Does anyone know how many of the 767s have been refurbished? I'm going to Munich towards the end of next week on a roach fare. The refurbished 767 I took to London last month certainly was nice, clean and comfortable.
Not sure where the percentage to complete stands, but I know that the overhaul process for coach seats is well underway -- I was on 2 767 flights last month and (although I was lucky enough to be up front in F, I could see that) the coach seats on both aircraft had been recovered with the new leather.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:31 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
According to the conference call, the 767 interior upgrades will be completed this winter, less the new Envoy seats. The new seats will then be installed next fall.
What do the 767 upgrades (Y, J) include (other than seats)?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by PHL
Rows 6 and 7 of Envoy being removed while 39 more Y seats get added in that space and throughout the coach cabin (read: the generous 34" Y pitch is being reduced). Old conifg: 6F/36J/224Y. New config: 6F/24J/263Y.
I'm sorry to see the 34" pitch going away in coach on the 330s -- like insult to injury, as now you have less chance to upgrade, and if you don't you're stuck in a more cramped coach seat.

One thing I wondered is if they have any problem getting more Y seats with the IFE system since it is rather old. Their remodeling plan would be even worse if a few rows of Y didn't get IFE.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Have or are the sleeper seats going away?

Last time I was looking at the seats diagram on US and at seatguru it seems that it is just 5 rows of normal Envoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.