Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search by price option gone

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Search by price option gone

The new website does not appear to have the "search by price" option that I used all the time on the old USAir website.
Old May 24, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Reason #14 I can't stand the new site.

About the best you can do is have it set up a grid for you telling you alternative prices for a few days before and after your selected dates. This is great when your travel days are pretty solid but not helpful at all for trying to find a cheap time to go visit a friend somewhere.
Old May 24, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by katbarbour
The new website does not appear to have the "search by price" option that I used all the time on the old USAir website.
Except for pretty jpg's, I don't think too much else was functioning....
I'd be happy if the options that were included worked...
Old May 24, 2006, 12:51 pm

Location: Tampa, FL , USA~ US-CP & Lifetime Club, DL-PM, CO-PE, UA-PE, AA-PLT, HH-G
Thumbs down The programers for the "new" site must have been "temps from a flea market" job

Originally Posted by Alphaguy
Except for pretty jpg's, I don't think too much else was functioning....
I'd be happy if the options that were included worked...
This proves the old saying you get what you pay for. Software from the back of a pickup is not where Mr. Parker should be shopping at a flea market. LCC means that you will cut costs in the right places not cut your nose to spite your face.
Old May 24, 2006, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I liked the feature too, but you should be able to duplicate the results on travelocity.
Old May 24, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by photojojo
Reason #14 I can't stand the new site.

About the best you can do is have it set up a grid for you telling you alternative prices for a few days before and after your selected dates. This is great when your travel days are pretty solid but not helpful at all for trying to find a cheap time to go visit a friend somewhere.
Amen. And when I tried the alternative dates thing and clicked on the price it offered, the next page it sent me to gave the price as $300 more. Not too useful and pretty misleading if you ask me.
Old May 24, 2006, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Actually, you can (as of 4:07 p.m. EDT) pull up the fares between any two US (not sure if it works for HP only destinations) by using this link: http://fs.usairways.com/abs/fareQuote.do . So, it may still work for a while (until they pull that).
Old May 24, 2006, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by CLTFlyer
Actually, you can (as of 4:07 p.m. EDT) pull up the fares between any two US (not sure if it works for HP only destinations) by using this link: http://fs.usairways.com/abs/fareQuote.do . So, it may still work for a while (until they pull that).
Thanks for the tip, but am I missing something? It looks like this only tells you the lowest possible fare but not all the potential dates it can be used.

Has anyone found another site to isolate US fares similar to the old US site?
Old May 24, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: US1
Yes and another poster posted it above. http://www.travelocity.com It works just fine (interface is a little different but the same concept.)

Originally Posted by firstclass
Thanks for the tip, but am I missing something? It looks like this only tells you the lowest possible fare but not all the potential dates it can be used.

Has anyone found another site to isolate US fares similar to the old US site?
Old May 24, 2006, 11:42 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Yes and another poster posted it above. http://www.travelocity.com It works just fine (interface is a little different but the same concept.)
I actually use this travelocity link which is more akin to the old US fare comparison.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:23 am

Thanks--sorry if I was unclear; they are helpful but both Travelocity pages require dates to initiate the search. I liked the old US site "search by price" option which didn't require dates- only the city pair which then showed you the available dates. It was very good for planning travel when my plans were most flexible.

Does any other site have that capability?
Old May 25, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
I agree with Firstclass, I think we're being misunderstood. On the old site you typed in your cities and hit search by price (no need to enter any dates) and it gave you a huge range of prices for the route up to about 300 days out.

This was worthless for last minute business travel but when you were trying to find someplace fun/cheap to vacation with a flexible schedule, it was priceless. I saved about $900 on a trip to St. Thomas this way.
Old May 25, 2006, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by firstclass
Thanks--sorry if I was unclear; they are helpful but both Travelocity pages require dates to initiate the search. I liked the old US site "search by price" option which didn't require dates- only the city pair which then showed you the available dates. It was very good for planning travel when my plans were most flexible.

Does any other site have that capability?
Have you tried it? If you click on "flexible dates" on Travelocity, all you need to add is a broad date range (or leave the default) which is quite similar to the old US site. The specific dates disappear. Travelocity had this kind of feature before US had it...I always figured US copied it.

http://www.travelocity.com/
Old May 25, 2006, 10:05 am

AH, check that out. It's not perfect but it is pretty similar. For a young pup I tend to get stuck in my old ways sometimes.
Old May 25, 2006, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by mbmbbost
Have you tried it? If you click on "flexible dates" on Travelocity, all you need to add is a broad date range (or leave the default) which is quite similar to the old US site. The specific dates disappear. Travelocity had this kind of feature before US had it...I always figured US copied it.

http://www.travelocity.com/
Mea culpa; @:-) that link worked well; I got stuck at the "dates" options and didn't realzie they would re-set to an open date.

Thanks for the tip-

BTW I heard from the CP res. agent that we are probably stuck with HP relic website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.