Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is Enough, ENOUGH?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by wr_schwab
If I fly CO, I get a traditional meal in Y, 100% bonus miles at mid level, and 125% miles at their top level elite status. I still get the unlimited domestic upgrades as I go with US. They even provide a 50% bonus in status miles on their full fares.

NW is the same as CO without the traditional meal service in Y.
FYI...let me correct you as a NW elite who's flown to FL quite a bit recently.....CO's policy on meals is "meals at meal times unless you're in a low yield market".....ie CO RSW-EWR Meal in First, Crossiant & .75 cup of fruit (not sure what coach recieved); NW RSW-DTW Meal in First, Bagel & cream cheese, omlete, sausage, 1.0 cup of fruit (Coach was allowed to purchase a meal/snack)

As a NW elite I receive 100% EQM on DL/NW (which includes KLM) and higher CO fares, on lower fares I receive 50% EQM

As a CO elite I receive 100% EQM on CO flights purchased on co.com; 100% for high fares purchased anywhere, 50% EQM lower fares not purchased on CO.com

As a NW & CO elite (silver) I'm batting 90+% on EUA on NW; on CO it's less than 25% (NW simply has more F inventory than CO does)

Guess which airline I prefer to fly....NW
PS The one advantage CO has is they utilize their 752 with Bus First config quite often as a same day sub on midday EWR-FL routes instead of letting them sit for hours before their next run across the pond
Old May 23, 2006, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by socrates
)

Guess which airline I prefer to fly....NW

I guess NWA is OK if you like an airline that treats it workers like crap who in turn take it out on their elites.

Since you guys ran me off over on NWA if you haven't spent any money on US please leave,
Old May 23, 2006, 6:29 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by phillyd2
I need to book PHL - CDG and the web site is down so I will call to book my ticket. Simple and without the constant complaining. Did not start a web site or issued press releases. Not happy with US? Delta is waiting for your business....
And they'll ding you the extra $$$ for calling.

Thanks for flying US Airways.
Old May 23, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by PineyBob
I guess NWA is OK if you like an airline that treats it workers like crap who in turn take it out on their elites.

Since you guys ran me off over on NWA if you haven't spent any money on US please leave,
Easy now. Soc is a good guy. I think he hit the wrong thread by mistake and is lost, but he is a good guy.....
Old May 23, 2006, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Easy now. Soc is a good guy. I think he hit the wrong thread by mistake and is lost, but he is a good guy.....
That may be true, But I take a different view of his neo fascist associates.
Old May 23, 2006, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I nominate the post by wr_schwab as post of the year...well thought out and sums up everything I am thinking.

I am in technology, though not a techie. It is beyond comprehension that they put up a site that:
1. Won't let me login.
2. Doesn't recognize lgw as an airport.
3. Won't let me book a CLT - DEN flight.
4. Keeps a message up encouraging me to call them with my error when the only answer is to wait 24 hours.

Amazing. You folks that aren't in Charlotte, Phoenix or Philadelphia, Pittsburg...why are you hanging on?
Old May 23, 2006, 7:25 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
The meal/sandwich is what totally turned me off to this 1/2a$$ed airline. MIA-PHL, 3+ hours departing at 530 pm and F doesnt get a lousy sandwich? Well, on CO i do!

I think actions are stronger then words. I complained on this website and some US employees thought we all "need a life". Its not that. I live in PHL, would love to give US all of my business as its convenient. BUT....they do NOTHING in return. I have had a few really good emails/conversations/meetings with some high level US representatives and have been told "hang in there...only a little while longer"...etc. How long does one hold on? I have 115 flights, 85K miles this year with US. I will have 150+ more flights this year, and probably about 135 of them on CO!

I think its over for me. For US to get me back it will take OTHER PEOPLE flying them, as I have given enough of my time!
Old May 23, 2006, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40

I think its over for me. For US to get me back it will take OTHER PEOPLE flying them, as I have given enough of my time!
Join us and give it one last shot. I'm making my decision at years end
Old May 23, 2006, 7:40 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Ok, this is WAY too much! I just tried to put myself on the upgrade list for the remaining travel I have booked with US. I booked it through this NEW website...and guess what..ONE OF THE FLIGHTS I BOOKED IS UA FLIGHT AND NOT A US FLIGHT.

I think US should put me in UA F. It STILL doesnt say UA on it. It is listed as a US flight. This STINKS!
Old May 23, 2006, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Flying Colonel, CO-Platinum, HP-Platinum, US-Chairman's Preferred.
[QUOTE=wr_schwab]If I fly US, as a GP I would get only 50% bonus miles. I get no bonus for flying on a Y or B fares. As an elite I get unlimited upgrades, but with many of the routes going to RJs what good is this benefit if you can't use it? I get 2 Transatlantic upgrades from US./[QUOTE]

WR-

Agreed, slightly more than wholeheartedly. But, it's worse than you stated. I just flew BOS-SFO on UA in paid F. I met a friend unexpectedly in BOS and she (on a discounted Y ticket) was upgraded to sit with me as a UA non-elite...all because I was a UA premier 8 years ago...and the gate had a record of it. 2 of my associates flew PHX-BOS and PHX-ORD on Monday on US. Both are CP and neither got upgraded. Bottom line: US TA upgrades have turned into an outright lie based on fare bucket capacity controls. They are mearely an unethical fraud to get stupid people to pay $450 more for an upgradeable TA fare (above the average lowest discount fare) with the hope that they will get upgraded TA 7 days in advance of departure. 7 day domestic CP upgrades are disappearing like Houdini.

US is clearly and inarguably dying on the installment plan. Doug doesn't care only because of his new employment contract.

Their stock will tank, their purposefully deceitful and unethical business model has failed, and we and many thousands of others are helping them to pass on.
Old May 23, 2006, 7:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Re: who caused the website screw-up, how many of us got the following email, with the subject line of note? This is just yet another unprofessional thing US has done; minor, but just looks bad and sloppy, like the company is apparently run.

US Airways Vacations ([email protected])
To: [email protected]
Subject: FINAL TEST - Important Dividend Miles Announcement

We're happy to announce...
Old May 23, 2006, 7:54 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by wr_schwab
I can solve it very easily in a manner that would, at least, made me happy. All you have to do is add packaged muffins or donut sticks to the snack basket and presto you have an instant continental breakfast.
Today (same day you posted) the snack basket had donut sticks ...

Of course, there weren't any XOXOs, so one takes the bitter with the
sweet.
Old May 23, 2006, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Great flying goats!

There is handwriting on the walls and has been as to the airline they are making PineyBob. I think you have gone from Richard the Lionhearted to Don Quixote in your crusade against the people running this thing. This time they may or may not be idiots but I think it is pretty clear that they are making an airline that I wont like flying and I doubt you will either. And you wont influence their decisions in my opinion. Not one little bit. Walk away. Its over.
Old May 23, 2006, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don’t know how much I want to see you succeed. They are my hometown airline, and the front line staff has always been exceptional.

But to quote Kenny Rogers, “if you’re gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right. You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for counting when the dealings done.”

I’ve looked at all of the changes they’ve made to policy, service, and FF program. Based on the cards they’ve dealt me, I don’t see an ace left in the deck. It is no longer an airline I want to fly and I don’t see them changing back in the near future. At this point I believe that actions will speak louder then words to ..., so I’m walking away and cashing in my chips.
Old May 23, 2006, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
There is handwriting on the walls and has been as to the airline they are making PineyBob. I think you have gone from Richard the Lionhearted to Don Quixote in your crusade against the people running this thing. This time they may or may not be idiots but I think it is pretty clear that they are making an airline that I wont like flying and I doubt you will either. And you wont influence their decisions in my opinion. Not one little bit. Walk away. Its over.
Not sure you're wrong frankly, but either which way I'm not going quietly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.