Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question re: HP/US Club Usage as a Star Alliance Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Question re: HP/US Club Usage as a Star Alliance Gold

I apologize in advance if this has been address, but I am not sure if there is clarity on the below issue (to me, at least).

I am a * A Gold traveling to Canada on a ticket purchased on the HP website, operated by HP equipment. The frequent flyer number in the system is my US number. Will I have access to the US lounges in PHX when traveling on this itinerary by showing the club agent my card indicating * Gold status?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:30 am

Programs: HP Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
If you hold a *A club membership, you will be able to use it.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I'm going to move this thread over to the US forum, where we'll find many more people capable of answering your question.

Since the HP clubs have been effectively merged into the US Airways Club system, the rules are now common for all clubs, in all locations, including the PHX clubs. And, since the Star Alliance Gold members are all over on the US side of the airlne (HP elite members don't have that status until the programs are combined), they'll have experience with whether Gold members can use US clubs when flying to Canada.

AZ
HP forum Moderator
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Phobank
If you hold a *A club membership, you will be able to use it.
I don't think so. Not when traveling to Canada.

Check out the membership benefit on lounge access. Note 2 Excludes access when traveling solely within North America and to or from the Caribbean.

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...s/benefits.htm
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
I don't think so. Not when traveling to Canada.

Check out the membership benefit on lounge access. Note 2 Excludes access when traveling solely within North America and to or from the Caribbean.

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...s/benefits.htm
Depends on the program really. I believe US and UA *Gs aren't able to use the lounge unless members or on a same-day international itinerary, but I believe *Gs from airlines outside the US (e.g. a LH Senator) does get this perk, even when travelling domestically.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:29 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
I ran across a simlar issue this past weekend in Vancouver. As *Gold (through USAirways CP) I would have had access to the Air Canada lounge, HOWEVER, my flight was operated by HP, not US, so they denied me access. I argued that HP was esentially US but they had a recent memo from Air Canada HQ stating that AC had no agreement with HP and if I flew on an HP flight I was not allowed in based on my *Gold status. She said if my flight had been operated by US then I could have used the lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mersk862
Depends on the program really. I believe US and UA *Gs aren't able to use the lounge unless members or on a same-day international itinerary, but I believe *Gs from airlines outside the US (e.g. a LH Senator) does get this perk, even when travelling domestically.
But OP is trying to enter US club based on his DM status. I believe the rule I posted applies. However, there might be slightly different rules for Non-US resident DM members.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
But OP is trying to enter US club based on his DM status. I believe the rule I posted applies. However, there might be slightly different rules for Non-US resident DM members.
Thanks for the replies. Based on the link that you provided, it would appear that I do not have access to the club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.