Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage weight limit - domestic

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Baggage weight limit - domestic

Does anyone have a sense of how strictly the 50 lb weight limit is enforced? If we have a bag that weighs 52lbs, for example, are we likely to be charged for it? Also, how does this work if you use curbside check-in?

Feeling very frustrated. DH needs to pack for a 30 day trip and the largest bag we own can't even be packed fully without exceeding the limit.

Last edited by Lpas; Nov 22, 2005 at 2:38 pm
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Lpas
Does anyone have a sense of how strictly the 50 lb weight limit is enforced? If I have a bag that weighs 52lbs, for example, am I likely to be charged for it? Also, how does this work if you use curbside check-in?

Feeling very frustrated, as I'll be gone for 30 days and the largest bag I own can't even be packed fully without exceeding the limit.
UA or actually UX (manned by ACA - now DH) got me for 51 lbs. I was pissed.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:35 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Saw this happen int'l on Thursday - they ding'ed a US1 for the extra weight fee depsite his insistence that for US1's there was no fee... he'd tried curbside first, but that just sent him inside at PHL.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 5:13 pm

Location: Tampa, FL , USA~ US-CP & Lifetime Club, DL-PM, CO-PE, UA-PE, AA-PLT, HH-G
My first HP flight and they tried to ding me as a US1 for a 55 LB bag.

Talked my way out of it, but he was very very pissed that I did not break down and pay up, even as a US1. This was in SFO on a return HP flight when I flew US outbound. Other than this Ticket Counter Queen's bad day, the HP flight was quite nice, plane was a little dated as far as interiors go, but the single malt scotch was such a pleasant suprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.