Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by CMK10
" The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes. "
YES!!!!! That was exactly my first thought, too. ^
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pizzaman87
Ran into NC Governor Pat McCrory today at the RDU club. Was a pretty nice guy who talked to whoever approached him.
Hey I voted for him! Did he come with a big entourage? When he came to NC Central a month or so ago he came with about a dozen flunkies and bodyguards.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec
Surprisingly, no. He had one aide with him the whole time and then one RDU police officer, but only until boarding. He ended up being on my original flight to CLT, and then we both had to rebook and ended up a row away from one another. I talked to him some in the club and managed to snag a pic with him for my sister. Only drawback is that I was wearing a Heisenberg shirt and he asked me who that was... Once we got on our new flight, he saw me on there and checked to see if I was still going to make my connection. He also smiled and greeted pretty much everyone who boarded that recognized him. Probably the funniest thing I saw though was when the flight attendant called him out to power down his electronic devices before takeoff. She had no clue she had just called out the governor haha.
Originally Posted by CMK10
Quote:

Ran into NC Governor Pat McCrory today at the RDU club. Was a pretty nice guy who talked to whoever approached him.

Hey I voted for him! Did he come with a big entourage? When he came to NC Central a month or so ago he came with about a dozen flunkies and bodyguards.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Did he offer cookies?

He surely doesn't want to talk to a bright 12 year old.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by RMPearl
Sat next to Rondee Barber in FC on the way from STL to PHX on 9/8. I resisted talking to him about the football game that I just went to and that he had just announced.

Ha ha..several years ago, I sat behind Steve Tasker in F on a CLT/BUF flight, and when we deplaned, I could not resist talking to him about the game he announced that I watched (he was coming from BNA, I was coming from JAX-it was a Jaguars/Titans game in Nashville).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec
I asked him about the cookie incident. He laughed and said he'd give protesters cookies again.
Originally Posted by iztok
Quote:

Did he offer cookies?

He surely doesn't want to talk to a bright 12 year old.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My brother was at CLT tonight picking up a friend and he saw actress Andie McDowell by the US baggage claims.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
While it's fun seeing famous people on US flights, I always wonder why the chose US over other airlines. It's definitely not the largest or most glamorous.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5S, Starwood Gold
We did a long weekend in Key West last week and ran into celebrities both ways. On the way down, we had former Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams in FC along with his significant other (not sure if he's married or what.)

Then on the way back, Mariel Hemmingway sat right in front of me.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Superguy
While it's fun seeing famous people on US flights, I always wonder why the chose US over other airlines. It's definitely not the largest or most glamorous.
Like a lot of us, it's probably about flight schedules and convenience.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Superguy
It was the cheapest on Kayak.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, SW A-list, AirTran A+ Elite
My home airport is DCA, and I use the club regularly. I thought I was fairly in tune with politics, but I've never recognized anyone in the club.

A few months ago I sat a row in front of Brad Garrett on the way to LAS. The guy sitting across the aisle from him (without saying a word to him) pulled out his phone, called his wife, and I heard this- "Honey, you wouldn't believe who is sitting next to me. You know the brother on Everybody Loves Raymond? No, not him, the other guy. The tall guy. Yeah, him. He is sitting next to me!". The guy eventually talked directly to him when we deplaned, but hearing that call had to have been really awkward. Garrett then sat at baggage claim with the rest of us (and his driver), but I didn't notice anyone else bother him.

Last week I had John Rocker (baseball bad guy), from PHL > DCA. Admittedly, I noticed his gorgeous girlfriend first, then had to see who she was with.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by cedarjustin
Admittedly, I noticed his gorgeous girlfriend first, then had to see who she was with.
That post is worthless without pics.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, SW A-list, AirTran A+ Elite
Originally Posted by shaddie
That post is worthless without pics.
I'm here to serve
Julie McGee
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I was on the US flight out of DCA a few years back, and asked about an upgrade. I was told "We have one seat in F, but it is being held for a passenger". I asked if I might be that passenger, and was told, with a laugh, "No". A few minutes later, Newt Gingrich arrived and went to get his upgrade. It seems that upgrade priorities are variable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.