Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why so far back?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Why so far back?

We reserved 3 award tickets thru UA last March. We were immediately assigned seats in rows 22 out and 24 home. Today I check to see how full the plane is and am surprised to see that all classes of tickets have 9 openings, so obviously the plane is far from full. Why were we given seats sooooooo far back? BTW, first is way open. What would be our chances to be bumped up? Any suggestions for "a speech"?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA
What route is that exactly? Do you mind giving flight number and date? What is your status with UA?

Right now by saying that those are reward tickets it makes it more difficult, but not impossible...
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Probably an auto-selection for seating.

-JC
Old Sep 27, 2005, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Flight numbers? HA, they have already changed 3 times! And our returning flight no longer exists, so they must have changed it again.
Anyway will be flying ORD to CLT and then on to PUJ. No, no status on UA or on US, most of our miles come from Credit cards, dines, groceries, long distance and any other way I can get my hands on some. I'm a self avowed mileage junkie.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 3:31 pm

Hm.. saying impossible is not a valid answer these days, let's say you have very little chance to get upgraded. Official policy is not to upgrade award tickets on any reason, however sometimes as an upper elite it is sometimes possible to work the gate agent on that.

ORD-CLT will probably be a UA flight also, making it more difficult (If you are on the 7am flight connecting to US 567)

Have a nice trip in any case.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 3:42 pm

the 7:15 from ORD to CLT is US Airways!
Old Sep 27, 2005, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
the 7:15 from ORD to CLT is US Airways!
Yet not the 7:00, since the OP refered to both UA and US I tought they had both UA and US segments in the award ticket. I may be wrong.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

We are booked US on all four legs, currently #'s 432, 567, 798 and 145.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.