Wiki Posts
Search

Gogo Inflight Internet on US Airways post-merger

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Gogo Inflight Internet on US Airways post-merger

I have a reoccurring monthly "AA Unlimited" subscription for Gogo inflight internet and I assumed that this covered US flights, as well. Today, I was chatting with a Gogo rep and he said that this plan does NOT work on US flights. I mentioned to him that there is no unlimited plan on the Gogo website that mentions US and US is not even listed as a participating carrier.

He said the only unlimited plan covering US and AA is a 69.99 plan that is only purchasable in-flight.

My question is: I'm not sure he is right. Does anyone have any experience using an AA unlimited Gogo plan on US flights?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ZKrunk
I have a reoccurring monthly "AA Unlimited" subscription for Gogo inflight internet and I assumed that this covered US flights, as well. Today, I was chatting with a Gogo rep and he said that this plan does NOT work on US flights. I mentioned to him that there is no unlimited plan on the Gogo website that mentions US and US is not even listed as a participating carrier.

He said the only unlimited plan covering US and AA is a 69.99 plan that is only purchasable in-flight.

My question is: I'm not sure he is right. Does anyone have any experience using an AA unlimited Gogo plan on US flights?
He's probably right, but we're less than three weeks from every flight being an AA flight.

At least for now, I'll move this to the current US Airways forum (for non-combined programs) so you can get better answers from US-savvy flyers. They will know whether GoGo is even a US provider. And probably launch a new on-board GoGo thread in the Combined forum.

/Moderator
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:23 am

My AA unlimited worked on US Airways Express flights yesterday, though YMMV
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My AA unlimited monthly plan "works" (that's a fluid word for what GoGo provides) on US, and on Delta.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by BSBD
My AA unlimited monthly plan "works" (that's a fluid word for what GoGo provides) on US, and on Delta.
My US Gogo plan was converted a while ago (last year maybe) to an AA unlimited monthly plan, and it's always worked on both AA and US-operated flights, as I would expect it to.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
My US plan also has worked on AA for some time. Pretty sure rep was misinformed.

They do differentiate between a single airline plan and an "all airline" plan, e.g., if you need service on both AA and DL. That is probably what the rep was referring to.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
My US plan also has worked on AA for some time. Pretty sure rep was misinformed.

They do differentiate between a single airline plan and an "all airline" plan, e.g., if you need service on both AA and DL. That is probably what the rep was referring to.
I don't have an "all-airline" plan.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Your AA Unlimited plan will work on US. It even says so in the description of that plan.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: US,HH
My unlimited monthly AA plan worked fine on both AA and US flights yesterday.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
mine works on both, never been an issue.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
I thought this was one of the first things merged, until April of this year the splash screens for GoGo showed both the US and AA logos (went all AA after the single cert)
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I don't have an "all-airline" plan.
Nor do you need one if you're only flying AA and US.

They do offer one, though -- and it costs $69.99.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Gogo definitely charges you more if you want unlimited monthly plan across all airlines. How did you get your AA plan to work on Delta -- or does Gogo simply not have a mechanism in place to prevent you from logging in using your AA plan while on Delta?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
Nor do you need one if you're only flying AA and US.

They do offer one, though -- and it costs $69.99.
Please read post #4.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Gogo definitely charges you more if you want unlimited monthly plan across all airlines. How did you get your AA plan to work on Delta -- or does Gogo simply not have a mechanism in place to prevent you from logging in using your AA plan while on Delta?
I would guess they have no mechanism to prevent me from logging in on Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.