Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First experience in US First Class TCON yesterday

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
Hope this is the right picture. This was the pitch on an A319. I am only 5' 8"
Looks about right. On the US 319 in F my laptop screen gets wedged between my tray table and the seat in front of me when the pax in front reclines.

It's an A319 thing, though, not really a US thing. The AA A319s have only 1" more stated pitch, and in practice the seats might actually be tighter because of the monitors in the back.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
That's the seat pitch on TCON US F??!?!?! Blimey! I was about to book LAS-PHL return in F, not going to bother if that's all I'll get for my money.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
That's the seat pitch on TCON US F??!?!?! Blimey! I was about to book LAS-PHL return in F, not going to bother if that's all I'll get for my money.
US Airways usually flies their A321 from PHL-LAS, LAS-PHL. seatguru.com claims 38in of pitch in F, 32in in C.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andrewjs18
US Airways usually flies their A321 from PHL-LAS, LAS-PHL. seatguru.com claims 38in of pitch in F, 32in in C.
That's good to hear - I'll be happy with 38"
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
So I flew US RDU-LAX-RDU last week.

- RDU-LAX: Great crew, full PBD service, lots of refills. Breakfast was pretty disappointing as the quiche and oatmeal options are the same as I'd gotten from RDU-ORD the week before but at least they brought the snack basket by later. Wifi worked well. Now, the 319 cabin is definitely too small with bad pitch but I lucked out and got two seats. I did wish for power though as my laptop died with about a half hour to go.

- LAX-RDU: I was on the redeye this time and again a great crew. Full PDB, I woke up periodically during the flight and noticed lots of people had gotten drinks. The crew passed out snack boxes before landing and they asked me if I wanted something to drink with mine. I actually found the 319 okay to sleep in as the seat is right against the window so I was able to lean my head on it to sleep.

Could have been a lot worse of a trip in fact.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP

Yeah, I was shocked the first time on a US 319 in F. The second and third rows are worse than some RJs in Y. I'm smaller than you and still felt trapped, especially once the inevitable recline happened. After that flight, I've always ensured I get a bulkhead. Those who prefer to stretch their legs don't like those first-row seats, so they're great for me.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I like to put it in perspective. British Airways Club Europe, which can equal US mid-con or better sectors, offers...

Club Europe! ("Business" Clas for short to mid-haul)

Three seats across per side in narrow-bodied Airbii, with the sop of the middle seat blocked.

30" (thirty inch) seat pitch, meaning you're gonna hurt if you're even mid-height, and even further if someone in front of you attempts to recline, even if it isn't far.

Small plastic tray with plastic utensils with smaller plastic plates with what could pass for plastic food in a single service pass, with a mini, or two if you ask, of mediocre wine.

Your best seat? In Euro Traveller (coach) in an exit row. Unless you're A319 short and A330 wide, though the armrests and inser won't grant you much love with the blocked middle CE seat. I can't even imagine people paying what they donor CE, even with the excuse European "business" isn't much better.

Thirty inches: I nominate Willy Walsh and Keith Williams for weekly keel hauling in the Thames.

What we get for domestic F, even in the A319, is a BAEC member's dream.

One could argue US A330 J (and new AA CIP product and 77W) kicks the slats out of the short, weight-bench narrow BA Club World seats that have you staring into the face of someone you never met, and if you're on the aisle have food etc. passed in front of your face to your window pod mate - who'll likely be straddling you as you sleep if they need a lav break.

We don't have it so bad, US cousins.

/Rant
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Anyone know if LAX-PHL A321 has IFE in F?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Unless they change planes to AA ones, then no, the US Airways A321's do not have IFE on board.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Time traveller
The only "IFE" on the US A321 will be of the "bring your own device" variety. There will (should) be gogo streaming video offered, with a couple of free streaming movies and a larger library of pay-per-view streaming options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.