Search

Never flown US before...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Never flown US before...

Hey..
BAEC member..but used avios to book a US flight in First from sfo-mco via phx in April. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what I should expect onboard in terms of food/service. I know theres no in seat power or IFE..but I had read that the food offerings were not going to be too great. Has anyone whos done this route any advice? We leave sfo on the 9.15am flight (around that time) into phoenix and the mco portion leaves at 12.15pm..many thxs
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
US and AA meal services have been rationalized. If you know AA (from not too long ago) you know US.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...food-drink.jsp
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Your flight to PHX should get a snack basket with things like bananas, breakfast cakes, etc. The flight to MCO should have a full lunch with two entree choices. The entree choices will be decent but nothing gourmet. Usually the desserts on US are the best part of the meal.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I've had lunch in FC on US Airways a few times recently and was very happy with it; there were at least 2 hot entrée choices and dessert, plus free-flowing drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.