Wiki Posts
Search

Award Redeposit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Award Redeposit

A little bicker of this with the merger... Can CPs still cancel an award ticket and redeposit miles with no fee? Can one use this method if award prices go down?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
A little bicker of this with the merger... Can CPs still cancel an award ticket and redeposit miles with no fee? Can one use this method if award prices go down?
As recently as 16 days ago I (a) redeposited one award ticket after deciding that paid F had fallen low enough in price to make it worth paying rather than using miles; and (b) redeposited another after rebooking for better times on a parallel award ticket. Neither cost anything, although my heart did skip a beat when the CP CSR said, "This will cost ..." But, this probably wasn't a real CP CSR (getting through took forever); and may have been complicated by the fact that the folks I was booking/cashing in for are not CPs. Anyhow, after I said, "Are you sure that there is a charge for a CP using miles?" the charge went away.

And I just booked another award today which it's 50/50 I'll change, so I'm operating on the assumption these (award tickets) are still freely changeable for CPs.

Please don't tell me I missed a memo ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.